By Anonymous - 03/05/2009 04:12 - Canada

Today, my parents met my girlfriend for the first time and cooked us dinner. After, I was helping clean up in the kitchen and my dad says to me, "Don't worry, you have to slay a couple of dragons before you get to the princess." and winks at me. She heard. I was going to propose to her tonight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 952
You deserved it 3 865

dragonslayer tells us more.

We met in Europe, and I currently live in England and my parents live in the States, so that's why they haven't met her yet. I still proposed, and she said yes. And yes, my dad was calling her ugly.

Top comments

First time she meets the parents and already you're proposing?

Comments

Please tell me you still proposed despite that.

I thought you were referring to having to complete some chores before "retiring for the evening" with your girlfriend; I couldn't figure out the problem at first. YLIF for having a loudmouth father. If you're sure she heard him, talk about it ASAP with her and see how she took it.

ohgollygee 0

your dad is rude. and proposing on the day that she meets your parents? that doesn't seem realistic.

coolbeanz90 0

#4 very truee. aww FHL :( how embarassing!

alwaysbusy 0

Dude, I'm pretty sure your dad was talking about cleaning up the dishes or whatever mundane task you were doing as the dragon and your girlfriend as the princess. I don't think your parents would be that cruel or mean for you to take it that way... think Shrek status

Eh. So what's the problem? Dragons are hot. Wonder who felt disturbed by that? ^^ Joking aside, in modern society dragons are generally the good guys. Look at Eragon. Tell your girlfriend that to you, dragons are the smart and noble creatures. Princesses (usually) are spoilt brats and aren't necessarily good looking.

wow im sorry your dad had to be such a jerk and ruin it for you :(. better luck next time!

I find this one tough to swallow. Seriously? You're going to propose to a girl, you invite your parents over and you don't tell them anything? When you propose to someone, generally everyone in the known universe knows by that point. You would have been with this girl long enough for your parents to know she's special. Unless you don't have a good relationship with your parents, in which case, why would they be there? I hope you proposed anyway and that she said yes, but I have trouble believing you didn't tell your parents ahead of time.

honeydoodles 0

To everyone who's been bitching about how he shouldn't be proposing to someone his parents just met, who's to say he and his parents live near each other? He could be living in New York and they in LA or some other withering distance.