By Anonymous - 03/05/2009 04:12 - Canada

Today, my parents met my girlfriend for the first time and cooked us dinner. After, I was helping clean up in the kitchen and my dad says to me, "Don't worry, you have to slay a couple of dragons before you get to the princess." and winks at me. She heard. I was going to propose to her tonight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 952
You deserved it 3 865

dragonslayer tells us more.

We met in Europe, and I currently live in England and my parents live in the States, so that's why they haven't met her yet. I still proposed, and she said yes. And yes, my dad was calling her ugly.

Top comments

First time she meets the parents and already you're proposing?

Comments

I agree with #23. I've been married 7 months and my parents still haven't met my husband! We live in Japan and they're in the US, but still. He can't give out the entire story in an FML, there's a word limit, so don't just assume they were rushing things.

Maybe you should have defended her. Then she would've heard and most likely would have said yes!!!!

You do also have to slay a few princesses to get to the dragon. How many people would kill to see a real dragon?

oh.. i get it now. i was completely confused at first ;o; but thats so mean! smack him and elope -shifty eyes- >.> no, you should've just defended her!! >;0 you're mean

lolwhat_fml 0

its your dads failt , not yours xP

What a dumass. Your parents only met her ONCE and you're marrying her. This is a sign and she probably does look hideous. Parents always know better. Lol. I'm laughing at the part where she heard it that's hilarious. Your dad is so pimp and freaking awesome!

ineedabeer 0

I don't get it ... maybe he was talking about doing the dishes instead of the girl? Like ... some hard work was the dragon and the girl was the princess? lol.

permission2laugh 0

lol that is hilarious your dad has a sense of humor and does not think she is on your level. sucks ass that she heard. and sucks ass that you where going to propose that night.

permission2laugh 0

#39 he meant that the girl was the dragon he didn't know he was going to propose that night. he was stating that she was ugly or looked like a dragon and said don't worry after a few dragons you will get to the princess.