By Anonymous - 03/05/2009 04:12 - Canada

Today, my parents met my girlfriend for the first time and cooked us dinner. After, I was helping clean up in the kitchen and my dad says to me, "Don't worry, you have to slay a couple of dragons before you get to the princess." and winks at me. She heard. I was going to propose to her tonight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 952
You deserved it 3 865

dragonslayer tells us more.

We met in Europe, and I currently live in England and my parents live in the States, so that's why they haven't met her yet. I still proposed, and she said yes. And yes, my dad was calling her ugly.

Top comments

First time she meets the parents and already you're proposing?

Comments

If you really love this girl and still want to propose, then tell her she misheard, and he said that you "had to slay a few dragons" not "have to". Then, when you know she's not going to be around, tell your dad that that was a really dick move and how you really feel about her. He'll change his opinions right away.

#20 Yep, I completely agree with this! OP: If you're serious about proposing and your Dad says something like this about the love of your life you shouldn't even hesitate for a second and throw it in his face that even though it was obviously supposed to be funny from your Dad's point of view, you do not appreciate him making comments like that about your girl. And why is everyone assuming they're rushing things??? Maybe they just live really far away from his parents...I didn't meet my husband's parents until after we were already engaged because we live in Germany and they live in Texas.

#23 So true!!! People take steps at different times in their relationships. Clearly if he wants to propose, he has thought about their relationship and what he wants with her for the rest of his life.

AntiChrist7 0

first time meeting with your parents and already proposing? either your parents live on easter island,or your just a stupid person. YDI

You've been together long enough to propose and she hadn't met your parents?!

#3 they weren't talking about proposing-his dad wuz saying that he has to go thru a bunch of ugly girls(referring to his gf), to get to a pretty girl-that's not about proposing. OP: that sux-did she still say yes(if u proposed at all).

mykon_fml 0

thats why you have them met your parents first. and how long is this relationship? before you're proposing? proposing b4 they met your parents is baaddd idea.

LuckyCharms_fml 0

She's probably more upset you didn't defend her than by what your dad said.