By UniverseHatesMe - 26/05/2016 10:04 - United States - Cuyahoga Falls

Today, my neighbor kindly set off a bed bug fogger rather than getting an exterminator, which we'd even offered to help him pay for. We have baseboard heating in our condo building. Guess where the parasites crawled to now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 980
You deserved it 842

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lexiieeex3 32

At this point, it doesn't seem like they care or want to dissolve the problem using the resources available. It sucks beyond belief, but just now rather than paying for them to get an exterminator, you have to pay for yourself to get one. Nonetheless, it allows you some control of the situation, regardless of how awful it is.

SegaTortoise 12

have them pay for it or put a wasp nest in their place

Comments

Then set up a bed bug fogger and let them crawl to someone else's bed. Then they can set up a bed bug fogger and let it crawl to someone else's bed. Then they can set up a bed bug fogger and let it crawl to someone else's bed. Then they can set up a bed bug fogger...

Set off your own fogger and send the ******* back.

Sue. They are responsible for properly clearing out any infestations.

This is one of those limited situations where suing is completely appropriate. Not only to make the neighbor pay for the likely huge cost you're going to have, but also getting court orders to compel your neighbor to properly handle any recurrences. Also, I feel like this needs an FML x10 button. I wouldn't wish bedbugs on my worst enemy. Hope you're able to deal with them quickly. Be very vigilant.

talk to the condo association. typically pest control fall under their umbrella anyway.

mariri9206 32

Even if it doesn't, in this case, they definitely have cause to evict the tenant who refused to get rid of them the proper way. If they do both, you'll be getting rid of two pests.

Sounds like you have a great neighbour that really cares about you. That was sarcasm by the way.

Set off a fogger in your place and they will be trapped.

Bed bugs are the WORST!! I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy...definitely sue your neighbor because bedbugs can and will be costly to get rid of. I had them once and luckily for me it wasn't an infestation. We couldn't afford an exterminator but we got a bag of Diatamaceous Earth and sprinkled it around our bed frame and the legs of the bed. Then we got sticky pads that they make for mice and pests and placed those on top of there. We burned our old mattress. Got a new bad, new blankets, new everything. Also got bed bug spray. It took a month or so but we finally got rid of them. I am allergic to their bites and I had a severe reaction, I was hospitalized. So I feel for you. Hope my advice helps! Good luck, OP!

We took in part of our family that had them(swore they hadn't brought anything from where they'd been we didn't think they had anywhere else to go with two babies) and then decided to do nothing and leave us with the issue. We just got some diatomaceous earth to try since our funds are limited.