By sohungry - 02/01/2012 12:18 - India

Today, my mum read a forwarded email, and is now convinced that eating processed food will make my ovaries shrink and disappear. Now she goes batshit crazy if she sees me eating potato chips. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 663
You deserved it 2 707

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SilverInGray 25

Emailed information is always correct though.

cradle6 13

Oh Jesus, your mom wants you to eat healthier. How horrible. I'm sorry OP.

Comments

Nope, they still work even eating chips, but glad I didn't try that for birth control method

rockvixen 0

my mom is confident that whenever I drink cold water it will get me sick and cause cancer. I totally understand how you feel.

My mother used to forward me those types of emails. If you reply-all with the link to the Snopes article, quoting the most condescendingly disproving paragraph from the article, people get the point and stop forwarding crap to you.

I always do that. You're right, I rarely get the ridiculous emails now.

E_Hellknight 3

People like OP's mom should not be on the internet. I don't care how old she is, how new to the web she is, or if she needs the internet for her job or something. No excuses. These types of gullible peoples should not be on the web. They just fuel the chain email starters, the scammers, and the "YOU ARE THE 1,000,000 VISITOR" advertisers. Disconnect her modem. If she believes these types of chain emails, there is a 99.9% chance that she won't be able to fix it. (Until she calls tech support.)

schmidty101 0

Why is everyone's mother on this site extremely dumb or has a bad sickness? I know this is FML but it keeps amazing me..

I only laughed at this because it said 'batshit.' Teehee!

So she thinks salt and potatoes will shrink your ovaries?