By Kelso - 06/02/2010 18:22 - United States

Today, my mother told me that the carbon-monoxide alarm went off last night, but since she didn't smell any gas, she decided to just remove the batteries and go back to bed. I had to explain to her that you can't smell carbon monoxide, and that we could have died in our sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 497
You deserved it 2 524

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CleanSheets 0

Your mom clearly knew you couldn't smell it, but was just looking for a way to end your life while she made her get away in the emergancy ecsape pod that she secretly had installed into her closet several years ago.

Comments

well if they died it wouldn't have been an fml cuz they wouldn't have a life!

well if they would have died it wouldn't be an fml because there wouldn't be the life part

saranottelling 7

OP, I'm amazed you've lived this long...

blland 0

stay alert! carbon dioxide poisoning can take up to 3-7 days to kill you.

saranottelling 7

carbon dioxide? What we exhale? WE'RE ALL GUNNA DIE!!!!!!

CO= Carbon Monoxide, the poisonous gas CO2= Carbon Dioxide, what we exhale it's an easy mistake to make.

Fabby_fml 2

Carbon dioxide is actually a serious problem, kind of like dihydrogen monoxide.

nikki908 3

It's Carbon Monoxide, Idiot. There's a difference... I hate this part right here... I just can't take your tears..

Whenever I consume dihydrogen monoxide, I feel like I'm a rebel who is breaking all of the rules.

Once, I accidentally drank some dihydrogen monoxide

scarletpenguin 16

@saranottelling, I don't think you know your Chemistry too well. Go back to school and learn the difference between Carbon Monoxide and Carbon Dioxide.

@scarletpenguin, I don't think you know your comment thread structures too well. Go back to read and learn the difference between blland and saranottelling.

cuntfused 3

dihydrogen monoxide is water.

Really? Thanks for clearing that up. I don't think any of the people talking about it were aware. Good thing you're here!

Finally, a real FML. Well.. at least one that you can't say YDI. That sucks, really. Your mom isn't too bright. Glad nothing horrible, like dying, happened. FYL.

dave6000 0

how is she a bitch? I can understand her being dumb, but not a bitch. you're an idiot.

saranottelling 7

The OP's mom is a dog? How the hell did a dog take the batteries out of a Carbon-Monoxide alarm?

newsgit 0

...they are evolving and now have opposable thumbs. And sharp teeth. Oh god, we are ******.

saranottelling 7

#99 You're a genius! I didn't think of that! The chimp's will kill us first though. They already found out how to sharpen sticks and some rocks. (Look it up online, it's true.) Planet of the Apes... I can't wait!

Am I the only one wondering how the OP slept through a carbon monoxide alarm (or heard it but didn't do anything about it for some reason)?

Sun_Kissed18 25

Some people are just heavy sleepers. Or the alarm was closer to her mom's bedroom than her own

saranottelling 7

I slept though the fire alarm once and it's right outside my room. Thankfully, there was no fire.

"Today, I found out that me and my daughter could have died in our sleep. How? I was up late working the corners and wanted to get some sleep but the carbon monoxide alarm kept going off, so I took out the batteries. FML."

iEmily 0

wow. I'm glad you didn't die but move out asap!