By lollerskate - 16/01/2010 15:37 - United States

Today, my smoke alarm went off. In a frenzy, I called 9-1-1 and exited my house. Several minutes later a fire truck showed up. After investigating, one of the firemen informed me I needed to change the batteries in my smoke alarm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 259
You deserved it 37 826

Same thing different taste

Top comments

...Talk about an extreme reaction to a smoke alarm. You definitely deserved that one. Next time check and see what the hell is going on first. Most times it's just the alarm being stupid, which doesn't mean you have to be, too.

You know how busy the fire department would be if someone called 911 every time this happened? You deserved it for wasting their time.

Comments

...Talk about an extreme reaction to a smoke alarm. You definitely deserved that one. Next time check and see what the hell is going on first. Most times it's just the alarm being stupid, which doesn't mean you have to be, too.

bugmenotmofo 34

That happened to me once, but it went off in the middle of the night and wouldn't stop until you removed the batteries. The problem? The ceiling was too high, so I couldn't reach it. I had to wait for an hour for the batteries to run out.

you could've investigated the cause first...

u should have checked first at least u were trying to be safe.

perdix 29

This story stinks! Smoke alarms with low batteries chirp, they don't go off. Also, 911 would most likely ask about any sort of info about the fire before they'd send the trucks. The taxpayers don't need to pay these highly-trained heroes to run out just because you neglected to empty the crumb tray of your toaster.

You know how busy the fire department would be if someone called 911 every time this happened? You deserved it for wasting their time.

The influx of stupidity for both users and these stories is really lame.

perdix 29

I think I know who's moderating now. The job should be held by those who hold the entertainment of the readers first and foremost, rather than those who carry out personal agendas.

lyndis_fml 0

They should charge you for misuse of 911. How stupid are you?