By kb - 18/11/2013 06:38 - United States

Today, my mother gave me a bottle of stool softeners as a gift at my baby shower. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 673
You deserved it 4 042

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Seems like the weirdest gift to give someone at a baby shower, but trust me (and lots of other people who have posted on this), it's very likely that you'll need them! You might even be given some in the hospital - I was, haha.

lovelyrevenge21 14

Trust me. You'll thank her later.

You'll be thankful later when you haven't pooed for about a week. you may wanna go ahead and stock up on some prune juice as well. After I had my son the spinal block medication made it feel impossible to go. Cherish the gift and don't feel embarrassed. It happens to us all, unless you're going natural. If so, I tip my hat to you. I wanted to but when the time came, noped out.

you are going to be thankful for those, especially after you give birth.

Well as a father who changed plenty newborn nappies in my time, I can safely tell you the baby won't need those :-) A really crappy gift for a mother-to-be though.

No one said it was for the baby. Baby showers have gifts for 2 people.

Welp, there's yet another thing to add to my list of reasons to never have a baby: A clogged colon. Ew.

Right? This and basically every other FML labeled "kids" are in my file of evidence I'm compiling to convince a doctor to give me a tubal ligation already!

Regift it for Christmas...it's a pretty good stocking stuffer...

Save them and gift them back to her for Christmas or her birthday.

It's the gifts you least appreciate at baby showers that get the most use. At a baby shower earlier this year my mum and I gave a baby first aid kit with nostril clearer, thermometer and some other things like that. The mother didn't give the gift a second look but when we visted a few months later when the baby was born she couldn't stop raving about what a great and useful gift it was and how she could barely put it down. Just becuase it's not something you want doesn't mean you don't need it.

photogodess 13

Actually it's really practical just not a great gift... Maybe would have went better had it been in private, but I personally know after the birth of my son it will come in handy, she was coming from a good place.