By pissed - 21/02/2015 00:35 - United States - Schaumburg

Today, my mom told me that, even though my brother sells drugs, he's still her favorite child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 076
You deserved it 2 990

kerstileann tells us more.

you know youll get modded and have a ban against you for saying that right? :)

Top comments

Maybe he gives her a good deal on drugs and that's why

If she says stuff like that, don't listen to her. Be respectful, but you don't need to by anyone's favorite to succeed in life.

Comments

Yep. I know that feel. That's when you know you can give up trying to bother impressing that particular parent. Or even both.

Atleast your doing the right thing. You'll have a brighter future i'm sure

You can't know that! Despite all the stigma surrounding the drug industry, some "businessmen" have pretty amazing lives. A lot of kind and hard working people, lived miserable lives. The idea of the honest hard working folks achieving greatness and having a bright future is based on the flawed concept that life is fair, but it really isn't. This is a harsh world ruled by wolves.

Those "businessmen" in my opinion don't have great lives. They have to deal with threats on their lives, threats of going to jail forever, they can't trust the people under them wanting to go higher in the ranks. It's not all rainbows for them. Drug dealers and gunshots tend to go hand in hand. They have money yes, but they also have a lot of other things I'd rather not have, personally.

Depends on what you're dealing and how big your business is

Parents will always ignore their children's mistakes. There have been parents defending murderers, rapists, pedophiles and all sorts of crazy people. If she loves your brother so much, then she'll love him even if he sells a ton of heroin per month.

Get a good job, get a nice car, get a nice place to live, and come back one day and say "in your face!"

Plot Twist: OP's brother is actually a pharmacist

brendejafulable 41

Just because someone does something that is morally wrong doesn't make them less than. stop being jealous.

jazzy_123 20

but it doesn't make them more either. While OP can be something big in life while doing it the RIGHT way, his/her brother is selling drugs, which obviously isn't right considering it's illegal. Oh and btw, did you know that being a drug dealer can be a dangerous thing? I mean, I guess it's not a big deal that OPs brother is putting himself and his family in danger.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I think they could like you more, if you weren't so judgemental and narcissistic. Failing a class or having a mental disorder doesn't make anyone less worthy.

The more I read of this comment, the less I liked you. So yeah. I can see how they're not the problem child.

Yeah failing or passing a class isn't everything. You have that typical teenage I hate my parents attitude. It sounds like your parents have a full hand. Maybe it's time to show them some respect.

rieebee 23

Has it occured to you that maybe because you are doing well, your parents feel your siblings need their support more?

ChristianH39 30

You forgot to mention you're also capable of fitting an immense amount of narcissism into a single paragraph.

#37, it's not support, it's favoritism. Huge difference.

#35, respect is a two way thing. My parents don't give me respect and neither does anyone else in my family. Along with that, they're constantly yelling at me and being degrading.

All of you need to stop calling me narcissistic. That is incredibly rude. None of you really know me, so don't act like you do. Is it wrong to want something better than being the problem child when I have three siblings?? No. It's not. And is it wrong to dislike being in a family that's constantly degrading towards me, makes my life more stressful than it should be, and treats me like crap? NO. So stop the hate. I get it more than enough in real life, so I sure as hell don't need it here.

rieebee 23

You're right, we don't know you. Our first impression of you is obviously based on your initial post, and the tone and content of that post is what people base their assumptions on. It doesn't place you in a favourable light.

No, you can't blame someone for resenting a family that doesn't demonstrate love and support, but when you list your own brother's mental disorder (which you're not even sure how to spell) as something that makes him inferior to you, it gives other people the impression that you're the problem in the situation.

CAN YOU PEOPLE JUST STOP?? I'M ******* TIRED OF PEOPLE BEING DEGRADING TOWARDS ME AND HATING ON ME, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW ME! I JUST HAD TO GET A THOUGHT OUT, OK?? I'VE NEVER SAID ANY OF THAT IN REAL LIFE, SO IT WOULD GIVE MY FAMILY NO REASON TO DISLIKE ME. I JUST WANT SOMETHING BETTER THAN THE SHITTY LIFE I HAVE. SO JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!

this is fml not therapy. dont complain that people arent giving you sympathy when you list a mental disorder as something bad about your brother.

you know youll get modded and have a ban against you for saying that right? :)

"I HAVEN'T SAID ANY OF THAT IN REAL LIFE" They say people are who they really are online, where they are anonymous. Maybe you haven't said these things to your family in so many words, but they likely sense your resentment towards them regardless. But whether you say something in "real life" or online, your words matter and if you're going to say something, you have to be prepared to face criticism for what you say. I'm guessing you're young, so maybe you just haven't learned how to communicate tactfully, but for future reference, when you list your siblings flaws and struggles, especially when one of them is a mental disorder, and then trumpet your own attributes, it doesn't garner any sympathy. Whether your problems are real or overblown, we can't know, so the only thing we can go on is your comment, and it doesn't make you appear to be someone worthy of sympathy.

rieebee 23

To add onto what 64 said, labelling anyone who doesn't immediately agree with you or show you sympathy, as a hater doesn't help your cause, it's just immature.

Thanks for being such douchebags everyone. As someone who has seriously considered suicide multiple times, I really appreciate it.

Well said 64. There is a lot more to a person than just their performance in class - just because they failed one class doesn't make them inferior to anyone. :(

Ok so I forgot to add on why I agreed with 64 and missed the edit window. What I wanted to say was that people often don't realise how much they give away with their face and body language. If you're boiling over with hate and resentment on the inside people will pick up on it very easily and that will affect how they in turn treat you

And, Octosauce, as someone who has contemplated suicide in the past, and has also been successfully manipulated with false threats of suicide, I can tell you that it's a disgusting method of deflection. If you really have had thoughts of suicide, you need to seek help. Talk to your parents, someone at your school, or a friend, but don't bring it up out of nowhere while insulting a group of strangers online with whom you've had a disagreement.

Are you guys serious?? You guys are downvoting my comment about suicide?? Do you guys think this is a joke? I was was being serious! I really have considered suicide.

Your comment about suicide is being down voted not because anyone lacks sympathy for a person suffering from suicidal thoughts, but because you were using it to deflect criticism, which is suspect and makes people doubt that your chain is genuine. Like I said, if you really have had these thoughts, I'm very sorry and strongly encourage you to seek help. No one here is equipped to give you that help though, unfortunately.

As someone who attempted suicide: just stop. That's a last attempt to get sympathy. If you want actual help talk to your family or ask for therapy. I never failed classes, but I never thought it was a bad thing about him. I actually defended him against our stepdad. Despite being physically hurt and mentally hurt by him constantly. Because it isn't w horrible trait. With only ADHD. Your brother can't do anything about his mental illness except try to learn acceptable behavior. Which includes YOU having to show acceptable behavior. Your siblings are treated different because you ARE different. That doesn't mean they are favorite, different kids need different raising methods. As well as different ages and apparent mental illness. You aren't perfect neither are your siblings. You all have bad traits. Instead of complaining and being hostile why don't you talk to your parents about feeling less than the others and help your siblings with classes you apparently have no problems with. Chances are you will be praised and rewarded for helping your siblings. Instead of only seeing your stance, try to look at EVERY person in your family's life.

Did I miss something? I don't understand who "he" is.

Maybe he keeps slipping her some free Xanax...

Stand tall, op. It's all done with smoke and mirrors.