By pissed - 21/02/2015 00:35 - United States - Schaumburg

Today, my mom told me that, even though my brother sells drugs, he's still her favorite child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 076
You deserved it 2 990

kerstileann tells us more.

you know youll get modded and have a ban against you for saying that right? :)

Top comments

Maybe he gives her a good deal on drugs and that's why

If she says stuff like that, don't listen to her. Be respectful, but you don't need to by anyone's favorite to succeed in life.

Comments

PeculiarBear 2

But we don't know how good of a child you are...

Well at least someone's bringing in some cash lol

It takes time, but eventually even the blindest relatives will realize how wrong they are. My brother was my mom's favorite. But a nasty divorce where his drinking and abuse came out finally overcame his "charm".

So his other qualities more than make up for that particular failing and/or your own failings eclipse his so greatly it's hardly worth mentioning? Cause it sounds like you're just mentioning one aspect of him that's negative, and none of your own. Yes, he gets a -10 for the drugs, but that's not the final score, if you get me.

countryprincess3 6

If your brother is the youngest that's probably why bc parents tend to favor their youngest kids. Just keep your head up high.

I hate when parents let it be known who their favorite is. It's so unfair. Just work hard, and make a good life for yourself. That's probably the best thing you can do. If your brother straightens out his life, that's good, but if he doesn't, at least you'll be able to say that you rose above it and did something with your life. Just hang in there.

Do you sell anything illicit? Maybe his drugs are a bigger cash cow...

Heeey cmon no need to feel bad about that because it doesnt matter if she loves him more or she loves you more in the end when he or she get into some trouble you'll always help which makes you very loyal and trustworthy cmon what people think about you or if they love you or anything like that just isnt your business i mean you dont need to think of it even really like i'll probably get downvoted for this but for me it's not really about favorite son or daughter it's more like we live together feed each other help each other and survive as one not as 700

I'm sorry to hear that OP. I know how you feel because I'm not the favorite in my family either no matter how hard I try, my sister who has a 1.1 grade point average is still the favorite. I get where you're coming from.