By sketchball - 05/10/2012 14:56 - United States

Today, my landlord informed me that from now on, she'd prefer if I paid my rent in cash each month. Apparently, I "look sketchy" and she didn't "ever want to deal with the hassle of a bounced check." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 591
You deserved it 2 276

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Freaking stereotypes... Just because I'm in a wheelchair doesn't mean I'm retarded. Fuggin idiots. FYL, stereotypes oppress us all.

There's a stereotype that people in wheelchairs are retarded? I've never heard that one before. But I don't hang with idiots.

Comments

Or instead of getting receipts...just make a money order. Your covered, she's covered, all is good. The whole sketchy look with bounced checks could be a number of things...maybe you just look young and they've been having a bad time with renters. Ya never know that your consistency may get them to change their mind on judging someone by the way they "look".

Your landlord sounds shady as ****. Get a receipt every time you pay rent.

j3ebrules 13

DO NOT even think about listening to her unless you get a receipt for every payment!

etoilenuit 15

Ha no he probably just wants to claim your rent is lower and pay less taxes and pocket the extra money. Don't feel bad.

I'd give them a money order. Straight up giving them cash is asking for trouble.

TungstenLildog 10

Your landlord is the one that is sketchy. She probably wants to do something sketchy without leaving a paper trail. Hopefully you get good receipts from your cash.

sonofsoulreaver 5

She can't actually do that unless she simply refuses to take checks from anyone. In order to deny you a right to pay in checks, you would have had to bounced a check with her already.

Kristoffer 35

If it was me, I'd keep writing the checks. Until one bounces she has no grounds to refuse to take it.

Tell your landlord you completely agree as you hand her your next rent check, "sketchy people just cannot be trusted." She sounds like-well, I can't decide-douchebag or teabagger...?