By anonymous - 25/02/2016 21:55 - United States

Today, my husband, who has been in a coma for 5 weeks, woke up. When I went to visit him, the first thing he did was try and continue the argument we had been having before he crashed the car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 923
You deserved it 2 427

Same thing different taste

Top comments

crazyindynathan 13

At least he doesn't have any memory problems...

Comments

He know he will win the argument that's why he want to continue . lol

Honestly, if this had happened between me and the guy I was married to, I'd probably cry laughing. It's both relieving and humorous. I guess your husband is stubborn enough that even mules think he's too stubborn.

mm12344 8

It's amazing the human brain can shut down cognitive function for that long and continue like nothing happened.

This is insane. One the one hand, you have a girlfriend who woke up from a coma, and forgot she had been dumped before she fell into it. On the other hand, you have a husband who wakes up from a coma, and continues an argument that was happening when he fell into the coma. All in the same week. OP if you read this and you haven't already, please find some way to squash the argument so you and your husband can focus on his health and recovery. Even if it means conceding this one, just let the argument end. Best of luck OP.

Maybe try not arguing while either of you are driving?

OP, you should be clapping your hands with joy. It's fantastic news. And, uh, no arguing. After all, he is the one who was comatose.

Of course, then you should give him hell. It's not enough that he's gotten himself into a coma by not paying attention to the road.

Or he could have put BOTH of them into a permanent coma, known to most as "totally ******* dead." What should the lady do? Wish that he didn't wake up? The fact that the husband has retained his cognitive ability enough to have an argument with his wife should be GREAT news. She SHOULD let it go, regardless of who started what. It's the WISEST choice.

In that case I would point out the apparently not so obvious fact that it is extremely unwise to have a heated argument whilst driving. Which both of them should know if they're old enough to own a car.

Congratulations on that OP! Let him win the argument this time. You are lucky and blessed, my grandpa passed away last month while in coma.

pretend he has a bit of memory loss and keep reminding him that you won the argument

BloodyGlass 10

And that's when you told him you were filing for divorce. Your idiot of a husband should be so overjoyed to be alive, but instead he's focused on some petty argument. Leave him.

I don't know anything about comas really but it sounds to me like his brain didn't realise anything had happened. Like he woke up and didn't realise he'd been in a coma. I mean brain injury is such a serious thing and not well understood so I absolutely do not agree with your comment. The guy might not have been in the right state of mind - he'd been in a coma for over a month.

Divorce him over a petty argument just after he has woke from a coma? That would be truly idiotic, not to mention heartless. How about looking back on this in a few years and laughing about it together.

It's a good sign that there is no retrograde amnesia. Only blank from when he lost consciousness. Lucky to be alive if the brain injury caused a 5 week coma!

I was wondering where the divorce comment was. I hope you never get married if you're going to bolt at the first sign of discomfort. People like you are why the divorce rates are so high.