By WaffleJesus - 07/10/2015 08:29 - United States

Today, my husband is sulking because I wouldn't let him do what he's always wanted to do: throw our cat out the second floor window to see if she would land safely and on all fours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 317
You deserved it 2 561

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

That is hilarious you should get a tester cat and let him do it

I'm glad you were there Op. He could have seriously injured the cat.

When I was little we had an indoor/outdoor cat and once we moved to a second story apartment the cat would jump off the balcony and walk all the way to my old house. No matter how many times we brought him to the apartment he kept jumping and running. After so many tries we just let him live at the old house. I wouldn't suggest throwing your cat obviously but it's possible for them to land and be fine.

Find him a video online...that set his mind at ease...i hope...keep the cat out of your husbands hands...

Holy shit, I would seriously reevaluate my relationship if my husband/boyfriend wanted to try something like this. You never ever put an animal in danger just because you "want to see what happens". Also a short google search will show you that stories 2-5/6 are actually the most dangerous bc the cat has no time to adjust their body and can absolutely lead to broken bones or even death (a fall from a 10th story on concrete will also squish your cat of course so always use safety nets!). And there's a big difference between deliberately jumping and being thrown/losing their grip! In case 1 the cat is prepared for the jump and already in the right position.

I would actually get a divorce if I was in your situation, but that's just me. keep a close eye on the cat and if you find him abusing it, then he needs some help.

let him do it its only 2 stories ice seen cats fall from higher places

Wow you're all idiots. I've seen cats break their femurs (big leg bone) falling off a refrigerator, more then once. Just because cats can survive falls doesn't mean they always will, especially if it's not by their choice.

Your husband sounds like a ******* psycho.