By WaffleJesus - 07/10/2015 08:29 - United States

Today, my husband is sulking because I wouldn't let him do what he's always wanted to do: throw our cat out the second floor window to see if she would land safely and on all fours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 317
You deserved it 2 561

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Throw your husband out the window to test the theory

Depending how strong of a woman OP is and how big man OP's husband is, this might be a hard task. I'm unable to even lift my boyfriend, let alone try to throw him out of a window. :D (He's not overweight, at least not much. I just dont have any upper body strength.)

@13: Darn, somebody made my comment already. (I'm a vet student working as a tech at a cat hospital so...)

Thanks for completely ruining the sarcasm of my comment with a technical explanation of why it wouldn't work.

thatonetribute 31

People who are cruel to animals are truly, truly evil. Or your husband is a complete moron.

actually a lot of cats could survive that and he probably knows that. he is just curious

@23: Actually, falls from the second story are most dangerous for cats. They don't always have enough time to turn right-side-up and flatten out to slow down if they're that low.

mds9986 24

Actually the 2nd floor window would be worse than a 10+ story window because cats have flaps of skin under their legs(like flying squirrels) that slow their descent. However, it takes a bit for them to orient themselves to safely get into position for it to take effect. It effectively slows their terminal velocity enough for it to not be lethal.

One of my elderly teachers once dropped his cat out of the second story window. His classroom was usually first floor and he was used to letting his cat out mid-class, but this one day they moved him to second floor for some temporary work. Half-way through, he picked up his cat mid-lecture and tossed it out the window before any of us had time to react. Cat limped for a bit, but was otherwise fine. He never made that mistake again though! Poor kitty.

AnyaS 19

Mistake? Throwing your cat out a window? That cat should've been taken from him!

I know, I know, it was pretty bad. The look on his face when he realized what he'd done... to be fair though, it really was an accident (not malicious intent). He was just a really elderly teacher, who had been teaching in that same classroom every day for over a decade, and every day he would let his cat out mid-lecture. I think routine just got the best of him. Like I said though, he never did it again and his cat still loves him very much (been with him many years now). I'd prefer the cat be in his hands, then sent to a pound and eventually put down.

If he was being serious, that's cruelty and you should be careful of him.

I really hate to answer this but, they will land on all fours but will either be okay or limp for awhile. I only know this because of my cousins children did this to one of her sisters, their aunts, cats. Basically both aunts were watching our nephews and niece while mom and dad finally had a date night so the kids and she and I were all one the couch watching a movie. One of the boys excused himself to go to the bathroom and about 5 minutes later one of the boys left to go so the same thing. Basically didn't know anything that was going on til we heard yelling and laughter and followed their trail. It's been 3 years and the boys are not allowed back at the house.

Is your husband an idiot? Who does that besides maybe a kid?

That's sick.. Even if he wasn't being serious. There's something really wrong with you if you can make a joke like that. Oh and if someone even "joked" about doing something like this to my cats. I would lay them flat on their ass.

praesidiem 16

I'm gonna throw your cat out a window

If you can't handle a joke, I'll knock you flat on your ass.