By poro123 - 05/11/2012 05:39 - United Kingdom

Today, my grandmother said to me, "You look just like your mother did at your age. Except you're fatter of course." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 370
You deserved it 4 876

Same thing different taste

Top comments

yusaku02 20

Ouch, brutally honest grandma strikes again.

Ahhh grandparents... Keeping it real and not giving a ****!

Comments

Are you taller than your mother? If so, ignore Gma. We've gotten taller and bigger with each generation. Thank technology, creating differing food sources, some vitamin rich, some carb rich... You get it.

Think like Bruno Mars: "you're amazing just the way you are".

UltimateGIRness 16

Just remember op,guys would rather have curves than a toothpick

People who try and make excuses with the whole "curvy" bullshit piss me off. Judging by you profile pic, you're a girl, so let me tell you, all guys would rather have a skinnier girl. Some make excuses to not offend girls, some think they can't so any better, but in the end, everyone would rather have a skinnier girl.

Indeed, and I'd like to add some people seem to be confusing curves (as in big breasts, small waist, big hips/behind) with curve (where breasts, belly and behind sort of just become one). Also, some people seem to think getting in shape just means having any shape. Being the shape of a circle means something is being done wrong :D

KiddNYC1O 20
KazeTanukisan 4

And guys who think the way you do piss me off. You are entitled to your opinion, but I completely disagree. First, because not all guys are that completely shallow, and second, if you just want someone just for their body, that's just sad (although I know that some physical attraction is needed, but shouldn't be entirely based on the relationship as you make it sound) . I'm a girl, and pretty much throughout high school, I was chubby. I had one of the cuter guys in school pick me over my skinnier best friend because I was fun and shared some of his interests. Also, he thought I was pretty. Wow! :o All I'm trying to say is, guys who think like you miss out on a lot of good relationships that could have more meaning underneath than just looks. And who says a big girl can't be pretty?

people like different things. I thank god my boyfriend loves me because I'm extremely thin and it seems no one likes that. which sucks cause I can't gain weight. enough about me. people like what people like.

I never said that physical attraction was the only important attraction to me. I'm simply saying, that if there were two identical girls, except one was fat and the other normal, 99% Of guys would go for the normal one. I have nothing against dating fatter people, I'm just trying to get a point across.

Iniezian 18

To be honest, I wish everyone was as brutally honest as this. We'd really get to know our problems and maybe get motivated to solve them rather than live on lies and harm ourselves. If I ever have kids, I'm not going to spoil them with undeserved compliments.

mowmowlife 21

'Oh you're right, grandma. Except your brain is going, of course.'

What a fat lie. Tell her about her wrinkles.

allisadawn91 8

Well. She's just pointing out the truth lol