By Anonymous - 11/05/2015 16:06 - Canada - Edmonton

Today, my girlfriend surprised me with what was allegedly a birthday "cake". It was so horribly deformed, I wasn't sure whether to eat it or wear it as a hat. I had to pretend it didn't taste like play-doh, and ended up throwing it up in the toilet. Happy birthday to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 302
You deserved it 4 516

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should be happy that someone went through the effort to try to make you happy, even if it didn't turn out great.

Depending on how close you two are or how long you have been in the relationship, you could have just told her. I'm sure if she had some too and you weren't saying anything, she was thinking it too and just wasn't saying anything either. If you had have said something maybe she would have understood and took you out somewhere or went and bought you a new cake instead :)

Comments

Quit complaining. At least she went out of her way and did something sweet for you.

At least she tried! Don't be a dick

myoukei 31

@op's girlfriend: gold star. You tried.

relationship goals: good job that must have made her happy

you need to tell her the truth. Otherwise she will just keep baking you these stomach stones.

Druu 53

NO! It has finally happened. One of the "happy birthday to me" fml submissions finally made it. A moment of silence for the old guard FML moderators. *removes hat*

Don't tell her. She'll get better naturally. But that must have been some sucky cake that you threw up. If she doesn't show improvement why don't you try doing a little baking to show her how it's done. ;)

At least she cared enough to make you a cake, even if it was bad