By Anonymous - 11/05/2015 16:06 - Canada - Edmonton

Today, my girlfriend surprised me with what was allegedly a birthday "cake". It was so horribly deformed, I wasn't sure whether to eat it or wear it as a hat. I had to pretend it didn't taste like play-doh, and ended up throwing it up in the toilet. Happy birthday to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 302
You deserved it 4 516

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should be happy that someone went through the effort to try to make you happy, even if it didn't turn out great.

Depending on how close you two are or how long you have been in the relationship, you could have just told her. I'm sure if she had some too and you weren't saying anything, she was thinking it too and just wasn't saying anything either. If you had have said something maybe she would have understood and took you out somewhere or went and bought you a new cake instead :)

Comments

Your an ass. I would love it if someone remembered my birthday, let alone got me a birthday cake.

A dick for actually going through eating a cake that made him throw up? "your" an idiot, mate.

You shouldn't complain, remember that other girl that was serving and her whole family came in and made her life a living hell on her birthday? and no tip. Be happy

Did anyone else eat it, and if so, did they have the same reaction as you?

Goblin182 26

Its amazing what men will do for love. and by love I mean sex.

I have to say, it's so sad that your girlfriend is, obviously, trying to do something nice. And all you think is "poor me." you are lucky you still have a girlfriend.

Oh gosh, I love baking for people but I always fear it's going to turn out like this! Maybe you could suggest baking something together and you can watch for where she's going wrong and gently correct her? Plus it's super fun.

you sound a bit ungrateful, but that's none of my business