By Anonymous - 22/07/2010 06:44 - United States

Today, my girlfriend's father sent me a text message that simply stated "You ruined my relationship with my daughter." I wanted to ask him for his blessing to marry his daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 016
You deserved it 3 397

Same thing different taste

Top comments

s89gtr89 0

:'( do it anyway. he's a jerk.

**** the old coot. Your marrying his daughter, not her father. And look at it this way, the worst thing you could do to him is marry his daughter, make her happy and completely ignore him. If he hates you that much then it will kill him to see you doing all that well. ;-)

Comments

AyoItsJoe 0
cactus_fml 0

He's obviously trying to make excuses for himself. If their relationship is ruined, one of them did it, not you.

sinkk 0

NEVER give your girlfriends father your cell phone number.

lOCODUlCExO 0

Its perfectly normal for a father to be jealous of his daughters boyfriend . I say still ask him for the blessing. Hopefully everything works out =)

He's a total dick. Don't ask him a damn thing, just go ahead and propose to her. And if he asks why you didn't ask him first, just tell him 'Because you're a dick.'

dun_mare 0

I wouldn't consider marrying a man that didn't have my father's blessing. Those are bridges you don't burn.

Splayd 10

I hate comments like this, and people who think like this. It doesn't matter how much you like him, how much he has done or sacrificed for you; if your snob of a father doesn't like him, then he's out. I hope you marry someone just like you so that all the pairs of you "exclusive club" morons can be weeded out.

missbadluk 0
zfchatroulette 24

I don't get why anyone needs their parents' permission to get married, IDC what my dad thinks of anyone if I want to marry them so... whatever

I just think the whole concept of "giving your daughter away" is very outdated and frankly dumb. Girls aren't property so a blessing shouldn't matter.