By mee - 11/11/2015 17:10 - United States - Providence

Today, my girlfriend informed me that we aren't officially dating until she changes her Facebook relationship status. We've been "dating" for 3 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 209
You deserved it 1 867

Same thing different taste

Top comments

UhHuhHoney 20

I've been with my man for almost 7 years. We've never updated our statuses online. I guess it's all been a lie this whole time.

If you're dating a girl who takes "facebook official" that seriously, think about if you really want to date her anyway

Comments

91hayek 31

Marry her and she'll need a selfie and hashtags at the altar or it won't be real.

And this is one of the main reasons I flat out refuse to have a Facebook account...

I don't think you need Facebook to make it official but on the other hand I also don't think 3 months is that long for a "trial period"... Next time remember to talk about it to avoid misunderstandings!

dating and social media these days shouldn't correlate. I mean that going to the point and saying that you two are not dating till she changes her fb status is a bit ridiculous . that would be a personal deal breaker for me.

I agree, all this means is that untill it is online where others can call them out for it they could be sleeping around. If a website means more than a person they are dating in every sense but "facebook official", then that person is not worth the hassle or commitment.

If she takes social media seriously buddy run fast and run far...

Goblin182 26

So you can see other women and its not cheating?

Take her camping for a couple days outside of cell range. It will be an awesome disaster.