By failure - 28/10/2013 00:41 - United States - Shreveport

Today, my fiancée of 2 years and mother of my son, who is also pregnant with our second son, commented on how lucky two friends getting married were to have found each other. I said that we're just as lucky. She responded, "No. They actually love each other." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 615
You deserved it 4 616

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The first line of your FML kind of explained why dude.... engaged two years with a second kid on the way? Kind of a bad sign.

Comments

It just sounds like she's annoyed you haven't gotten married yet, like the other couple. More that she feels you don't love her enough to take the plunge rather than she doesn't love you. After 2 years of being engaged and nearly 2 kids, you should get married if finances and the like allow it. Seems as though she's just fed up being engaged for so long.

I agree with #47, and completely understand that feeling. Without both sides of the story here, and without knowing why they have been engaged for 2 years, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and thinking that she may be feeling that HE'S not all that into HER. Maybe it's time to sit down and talk with her and find out why she feels that way. Maybe she is/was just feeling emotional from pregnancy hormones, maybe she's not that into the relationship anymore, or maybe she is feeling strung along by this 2 year engagement that appears to be going nowhere despite the growing family.

You can't be bothered to marry someone you've been engaged to for years, yet it's no trouble to put two kids in her? She gets the FML ... YDI and much worse.

"Put two kids in her" implies that OP just goes and knocks his fiancee up whenever he damn well pleases. It takes two people to make a baby - OP's fiancee is just as responsible for getting pregnant as OP is for getting her pregnant

also, the prolonged engagement isn't necessarily due to laziness, they might not be able to afford a wedding because they're raising a freakin' kid

dannnngthatsux 19

or maybe someone died. Or they had a accident. Or maybe a fire. Or maybe they're waiting on the military. Or for one or both to graduate from school. There's tons of reasons for a couple years. Now 5 would be ridiculous.

wow, sorry to hear that op, you should most definitely get your fiancee to elaborate on her thoughts of the subject to clearly establish whether you guys should keep seeing each other, if she doesn't love you & you aren't enriching each others lives then why be together?

l1sara 2

I think you missed the point of her comment. She was implying that you don't love her. Make it right or lose your family.

If that was the case, then why would he mention they were just as lucky to find each other? Someone who doesn't love that person wouldn't say something like that.

She may feel that, since you two have a kid and one on the way (and still haven't married), you're keeping yourself out of a commitment where you'd be obligated to pay child support or other finances if you leave. She could be worried that you'll break it off at the last minute (because of the pressure to be a father) without any legally-binding consequence. Theoretically, you could be a free man now if you decided to break off the engagement (not marriage, mind you) and run where she couldn't find you, depending on how biological parent laws work in Louisiana.

Even if they are not married and he leaves, he would still have to pay child support. My ex and I never married and he is court ordered to pay child support (even though he doesn't). I know a lot of dead beat parents that were married and do not pay child support. Even though my ex and I were not married, we still had to go through a legal proceeding involving custody. If there are kids involved, it does not matter if they were married or not, there will still be custody and child support. He cannot walk away free and clear unless he signs off all rights (once again, even if they were married, he could still do that) as long as she allowed it.

Not to excuse her saying something like that, but she probably doesn't think you love her enough if you won't actually make the next step and go through with the marriage. Sounds like you need to set a date and go through with it, or cut ties now.

So you two are engaged...but she doesn't love you? I think... I know I am going to get hate for this...

I was born out of wedlock because my parents didn't want my mom to be pregnant during the wedding (she wanted to drink), which is fine by me but I don't know how long they were engaged before they got married. My personal opinion on marriage is that it's a bit of an outdated concept in this day and age. If you love someone, what is the point of getting into a legal tie with them especially when divorce rates are so high; but if you want to get married, go for it, just make damn sure that this is the person you want to spend your life with. It's really unfortunate OP, I'd sit down with her and talk about, maybe consider counseling. A fair amount of people are saying it's just the hormones talking but that doesn't justify her saying things that hurt you. Good luck.