By failure - 28/10/2013 00:41 - United States - Shreveport

Today, my fiancée of 2 years and mother of my son, who is also pregnant with our second son, commented on how lucky two friends getting married were to have found each other. I said that we're just as lucky. She responded, "No. They actually love each other." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 615
You deserved it 4 616

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The first line of your FML kind of explained why dude.... engaged two years with a second kid on the way? Kind of a bad sign.

Comments

who the **** says such a terrible thing??!!??

Someone who's tired of being engaged but yet is pregnant with their second child... if op likes it he better put a ring on it lol

I agree with 16 but only very very slightly (less than 1%) because I can see why there might be some frustration. But we don't know that for sure because the fml doesn't really say if that's the real reason for the frustration; we can only speculate. The other problem with the argument is that if the fiancee felt that she was being strung along (again, just assuming/speculating) she shouldn't have gotten knocked up. But she did, not once, but twice. I don't think any of it justifies her making such a cruel comment, unless she was just kidding. There's just too many unknowns here, but still a good fml.

CrazyGirlfriend 21

my opinion... I think the hormones are talking. like she doesnt really feel like she's being strung along but now that she is pregnant and her hormones are out of whack that it is taking a toll on her and the relationship. it happened with a few friends of mine who were engaged for a long time and was pregnant. she can't even remember what really made her feel that way then.

Shouldn't that be ex-fiancé? I mean yeah you must love her, and you must love your kids, and it's hard on children with parents who are split, but it's just as hard on children who grow up with parents who aren't compatible. I can't think anything funny to say, this makes me a little sad, a well deserved FYL to you OP, hopefully tides will turn for you.

dannnngthatsux 19

Sorry folks, I think this person is right on. Unless it's a joke, they need to halt the wedding now and get things right with each other. living with parents who despise each can damage kids in a major way.

Thejackel79 9

He may be right but thats not the reason for thr thumbs down. If he said anything along the lones of trying to fix it first then there wouldnt be a problem. However he seems to imply that they should just break up.

XxxT3rr4xxX 25

What a crude thing to say. I really hope for her sake it is the pregnancy otherwise the children might be without a mother our father figure in their life.

I think you should have a serious talk with her OP. No one should marry somebody who doesn't love them

Either confront her about it or bail. Personally I'd move in at my friend's house or my mom's for maybe a week and see if she apologizes.

While hoping its the pregnancy hormones talking. And it's not like asking is going to help because the hormones could cause a flip out that could make the world implode. But that was just cruel, hormones or not.

tehdarkness 21

Surely if the relationship has hit this point, you must have noticed something...

Yeah.. I would probably quit calling her my fiancée after that comment. And after two years of no marriage.

CrazyGirlfriend 21

I wouldnt say that. she is pregnant. you never really know if the hormones are doing most of the talking or not. she could actually really be inlove but has some pent up aggression that needs to be talked about with him and she's saying things she doesnt mean because she's emotional. it happens to me all the time when my hormones are raging. communication between them is important.

So their choosing not to get married right away is a reason? Do you realize how expensive weddings can be? Maybe they don't have the money for it yet, maybe there are other reasons they are waiting.

it's because you keep giving her bananas so that you can watch her put something phallic in her mouth, perv!

OP, you're a future child support payment. Get a lawyer now.

timss4 19

Easy deuces after a comment like that lol