By Aspireworks - 29/01/2013 22:46 - United States

Today, my fiancé's mother came up to me and told me she loves that I stuck with my soon-to-be husband despite his history and condition. I have no idea what she's talking about, and she refuses to tell me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 275
You deserved it 2 790

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Amishanthony 6

Soon to be mother in law... Trying to scare you off already! If she's not going to tell you, ask your fiancé.

Comments

Amishanthony 6
LMFAOwned 9

That's what I was thinking. Probably a future-mother-in-law ruse to get her to doubt or worry.

Laurenluvz 11

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

So young, 32. Life is very long. With bills, mortgages, GFCs, kids etc, that cute lovey-dovey phase usually mellows...sometimes sours might be more accurate. You don't want to marry yourself off to someone with a serious mood/ psychiatric disorder, gambling problem, compulsive lying etc without the chance to research and choose knowingly - or not. People usually discover worse things about their lover over the long haul. Pray it's only chewing his toe-nails.

RedPillSucks 31

Welcome to the family we've got fun and games We play tricks all the time, we'll **** with your mind with ease We know all your husbands secrets If you **** him, you'll get a disease

SerenaSerenadex3 13

What if he had AIDS or something? That was the condition my mother's ex husband had, and he didn't even tell her until after they were married.

I The salad days last a short time after the I dos. Whether mom is ******* with your mind, or there have been prior issues, now is the time to find out so you don't get sucked in.

She's just looking to cause problems. If it were me, I'd mention it to my S.O. If you're lucky, it'll cause problems between him and his mother.

iShanny 13

Unless his "condition" is herpes.

Trisha_aus 15

Maybe she has the overly attached mother syndrome?

I don't think a mother would necessarily know if their child had herpes, well I sure know that mine wouldn't

I definitely heard the psycho screech while reading this... FYL

Soon to be mother in law... Trying to scare you off already! If she's not going to tell you, ask your fiancé.

mirandaelcraig 13

I agree, hopefully she is just trying to scare you off but maaaaybe you should ask your soon to be husband...

Get outta there!! *schwarzenneger voice*

Admiral Ackbar and Arnie quotes in the same thread... very cool

conholio33 28

Sounds like a trap..... Better find out what that thing before you get married

You need to know what she's talking about ASAP! You need all the facts before marrying your fiancé and spending the rest of your life with him.

I get the feeling you're the paranoid type. Sure eventually it would be good if OP knew what said future mother-in-law meant by that but it shouldn't become an obsession either. I personally suspect the future mother-in-law wanted to create tension to break up the couple and seeing how OP posted this here, I would think it worked like a charm.

38-I think marrying someone without uncovering all mysteries is foolish. Holy shit, this is probably why divorce happens as much as it does.

It's foolish, however there are ways it could work without. Everyone has skeletons in their closet. Even you, I suspect. Usually they're pretty insignificant by the time marriage rolls around, like a threesome in high school or you once kissed someone of the same gender on a dare. The big stuff, like personality and current lifestyle are usually what matters and those are evident long before a wedding. So why dig up past issues that don't apply anymore? If you find out after the wedding, so? You get along now. You care for each other. That should be all that matters.

57- I'm simply saying that people should go into marriages with their eyes wide open, not shut.

62 - There will always be mysteries. No one tells another absolutely everything. So then, no marriage pour vous?

65-Actually yes I was married. But I wouldn't have been had I known what I found out after I got married. The reason I gave this advice. Thus, eyes wide open...

lishajoy777 14

Worry always causes people to really think about what theyre doing, and in some cases change their minds. Just ask your Fiancé.