By sighoutloud - 16/10/2009 03:36 - United States

Today, my fiancé told my mom that she screwed me up. I now have to write an apologetic e-mail to her for something that I agree with, in order for her to stop calling me crying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 985
You deserved it 3 829

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bullshit. Don't ******* lie to her. If you agree, then turn that e-mail into an eye-opener instead of an apology. Her bawling is unwarranted. If she really did screw you up, then she has no right. Ignore her if she doesn't get it.

.....am I the only one who doesn't understand?

Comments

If your mother keeps calling you crying, why do you have to write her an e-mail? Doesn't anybody use verbal conversation? Also, what do these phone calls consist of, her crying and you just sitting there listening to her without saying a word? I think an e-mail is unwarranted, lazy and pathetic. Pick up the phone and talk to the woman.

Email is a good way to say something when it really has to be said right. In verbal communication, once something is out of your mouth, it can't be taken back. In an email, you can write and rewrite until you think you've managed to make your point. If OP is trying to convince her mother of something she herself doesn't agree with, an email is a good way to get her thoughts in order, check that she sounds convincing, and not have to worry about nonverbal signs like tone of voice that might give her the lie.

heythisisme02 9

Ya but she can also take it the wrong way. But if ur talking to her u can clear it up RIGHT away. It would be better if OP just talked to her over the phone or in person. Not texting or emailing. Because it could make it worse. That has happened to me before. I was tryin to clear something up by text but it made it worse.

Let me interpret this FML for everyone. I've read it about 20 times now and I think I understand it: 1. The fiance (a male) told the mother of the OP that the mother was responsible for the psychological damage done to the OP when the OP was a child (and in the mother's care). 2. Apparently, the mother was not aware of this and is now upset and cries a lot. 3. The OP agrees with her fiance, and also blames the mother for her emotional problems. 4. But to try to assuage mother, the OP has to now apologize to her mother on behalf of her fiance and tell her mom that everything is really ok and that the fiance was just having a bad day. Now after all that... is this really an FML? Your emotional mother calls you? Very much MLIA, and the OP is a serious drama queen.

Thanks !!!!! I wondered how many times did people read this post before moderating it

Where's plexico and toxi lately? I miss them :(

Ask and ye shall receive. I'm busy lately. I'll comment as I can. Plexi is gone. For good. Let us have a moment of silence.

WorkThatButt 2

Your mom probably has something up her ass...Don't you guys agree?

What did she do to you? Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Asstazztic 8

intoxicunt I ****** love u...... im ur biggest ****** fan specially when u get into those huge like political arguments with ******* guys and u always beat them =D

Haha, thank you. I'm pretty busy lately though, so I'm trying to avoid huge arguments and (a few users will rejoice at this) long convos via comments.

Asstazztic 8

yea Kadeouir I do... Plex I talked to him like two days ago.. wat happened intoxicunt?

Erm..."personal issues" with plexico. He had to give up the site. :(

Your mother keeps calling you crying because you and your fiance b**** and moan that she could have raised you better, and you want to respond with an email? From what it sounds like your an even worse daughter. How about instead of blaming your mom, (who obviously cares a lot about you, yet you cant even call her back), for your all your life's problems, you take some responsibility for your actions and realize that its probably your own damn fault your screwed up in the first place.

TallMist 32

Well, couldn't there be the tiniest chance that the mother was actually pretty bad? I mean, the parents aren't always right, you know. I mean, for all we know, the mother could have been horrible and is just crying to make the OP feel bad. Not saying that's guaranteed to be the case, but if two people agree the mom was a bad mother, then it's safe to assume she was.

Asstazztic 8

hahaha specially with that one about some office shit and theres so many that I ****** love that jst like make me want like to marry u or something :P i jst love when a woman knows her shit like u :D

Lol, well thank you. I think I'm probably more intelligent than people give me credit for. But less funny than they give me credit for too. I like arguing. A lot. Haha. I've been proposed to maybe...five times in the last week? Awesome. Now if I could just find one that actually meant it! JK. Marriage....ew. Ok, I'm rambling.

Asstazztic 8

I jst love what u say and the marriage thing is like an expression don't get freaked out o.O

Am I the only one here that thinks maybe, just maybe the mother might actually have been a bad mother? They do exist you know, and they are usually the sort of people that saying this to wont have any affect on other than an increase in crying.

Truth. It could possibly be that OP's mother screwed her up though constant guilt tripping. Maybe every time the OP did something wrong, her mother started crying about it. It would certainly explain why OP is now conditioned to apologize for her fiance's hurtful honesty. OP, take your mother and find a good family therapist. Whatever happened, however she screwed you up, you need to be able to talk about it without her bursting into tears, and you need an impartial moderator to help you each see the other's perspective.