BFF

By BFFN - 14/04/2016 15:36 - United Kingdom - Glasgow

Today, my best friend told me she no longer wants an "active friendship" with me. She says she doesn't have time to see me, since she has a boyfriend and a bunch of friends she's spent years bitching to me about. We've gone from a 14-year friendship to awkwardly nodding at each other in the street. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 647
You deserved it 1 347

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ugh something I cannot stand is lifelong friends ditching each other for their boyfriends. Boys come and go but those friendships could be forever

Perhaps she doesn't deserve so much as the nod. There are good reasons to end friendships, but it doesn't sound like she had any of them. Better luck finding better friends, OP.

Comments

Perhaps she doesn't deserve so much as the nod. There are good reasons to end friendships, but it doesn't sound like she had any of them. Better luck finding better friends, OP.

Op you should give her the bird just once so she'll understand that you don't care anymore and the completely ignore her.

Or just, you know, completely ignore her. That would also show you don't care and is a bit less vulgar.

bearbear120 27

Well it's a good thing you don't have to hear her bitch all the time anymore. Sorry to hear a long friendship has to end that way. I hope you find better friends. Who act like real friends.

Sounds like a hypocritical bitch...hope she's happy with her friends who she apparently dislikes so much...

You deserve better OP. Do you really think she's even worth acknowledging on the street?

More or less had the exact same thing happen to me, I say **** her, it's her loss and she's an idiot if she doesn't see that!

could've been that the boyfriend said something to her..some guys do crap like that

33: Even if he did, it's ultimately her choice. Not his.

countryb_cth 38

I wish my old friends had ditched me due to boyfriends. Would've hurt less than what they actually did, which was ditch me because I got sick.

Ugh something I cannot stand is lifelong friends ditching each other for their boyfriends. Boys come and go but those friendships could be forever

Steve97 32

It hurts a lot especially if you're a guy losing a close friend that's a girl just because she started dating.

I bet. It's just a petty thing to do in any sense

I don't think the issue here is whether a romantic relationship is more important or a friendship. Some may view romantic relationships more important and they have every reason to do so. It is entirely up to the person's value. Having said that, someone who views romantic relationships as more impt do not go around announcing end of friendships.

I agree 100% but im just sayin that boys/girls dont always go..

Well don't let it get you down OP because you seem like you dont need someone like that in your life anyway. If she wants to be with friends she doesn't care for over a good friend then its time to move on.

"thanks for being my friend for 14 years! now **** you!"

I think your "friend" deserves to be ignored entirely from now on. Fyl indeed

jojimugo 20

You don't need that negativity