By Anonymous - 15/10/2012 07:54 - South Africa

Today, my fiancé spent three hours arguing with his mom about how Scientology is a cult followed by simple-minded asshats; she shouted at him saying Xenu will come and fuck his shit up for not believing. This woman is going to be my children's grandmother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 118
You deserved it 2 556

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sovetskiy 8

People that believe in that are literally retarded. It's a scam. Apparently they keep people locked up in camps, Scientologists..

oj101 33

Today's religion is tomorrow's mythology.

Comments

Well, at least you can say that your mother-in-law is insane without exaggerating.

You might wanna rethink marrying into that family!

CCDNRGD81411 3

She isn't marrying the mom.she will be fine

Haha stereotypical mother-in-law right there!

metaphoristic 8

I didn't know mothers-in-law were commonly associated with scientology...

SeepingSarcasm 7

Somehow my mind read Xena, instead of ''Xenu''...that wouldn't make sense, but will be so much more intimidating! :D

I'd think twice before bringing kids into any environment rife with propaganda-spiked screaming! No matter what nuttiness she's spouting (and OH is it nutty!), your fiancé should step up his talking game from "arguing" to conversing- that is, try not to bash his mom's brains in with heavy fists of cruel logic- if you really want this family to happen. IF.

Three hours? Sounds like your fiancé doesn't know when to quit! He'll never win that argument. Just accept that she has different beliefs and move on. People passionate about their religion rarely change their minds. Ex: I doubt you'll convert!

True. It's hard to talk a zealot out of their belief; accept that you have differences and move on. Pass the cheesecake, please.

It makes me sad that people have been brainwashed to believe this shit.

Move away from her. Across the country is OK, to another country alltogether, good, to another continent, even better.