By Wowfmylife - 19/08/2009 03:59 - United States

Today, my ex showed up at my door with chocolates and flowers. I've liked him since I was 13, starting dating him when I was 15. He proposed when I was 22. I am now 24, and yesterday was our wedding day. He didn't show. FML
I agree, your life sucks 77 300
You deserved it 4 233

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CryingHowls 0

wow that's a pretty amazing love story well, minus the no show for the wedding that kinda love is rare nowadays

766746 0

he's not really your ex. he's just your fiancee that forgot to marry you.

Comments

I have a question for you girls If your fiance didn't show on the wedding day for unknown reasons, what's the best way for a guy to make up for it, and win you back?

How do u expect OP to win back his future wife, and i think the flowers and chocolate are a nice start it's not like anyone thing is going to make up for it.

Quiet_one 22

Well, first he'd have to have one hell of a good excuse. That would be a good start. After that... maybe he should actually show up if the wedding gets rescheduled?

letitbe56 0

It would depend on why he did it. In this case, my guess is the guy had second thoughts because he never had the chance to be a promiscuous youngster and is wondering what he missed. (The answer is, not much, but society glorifies it to such an extent that I don't blame him for wondering.) If that's true, I'd say they should both take a break and see if it's really true love, or if they were just settling for what they thought they wanted. If they were really happier together, they'll realize it pretty quickly. If not, it's good they never married. As for his gifts, however, if someone jilted me and then showed up with flowers and chocolate, he'd get the door shut in his face. I'd want a sincere discussion, not cheesy ploys. A cliched Valentine is NOT the way to apologize for letting down the woman you love like that. It adds insult to injury.

He'll be happy to give you his hell of a good excuse, but how do you expect him to start this sincere discussion if you slam the door on his face?? The flowers are just the opener for his apologize, not the apologize itself. I’ll never understand why so many girls have such a problem with gifts, do you really expect the guy to come empty handed after what he’s done?

letitbe56 0

I don't have a problem with the concept of bringing a gift. But flowers and chocolates? Really? Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast tells the Beast he can give Belle, "Flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep..." There's a reason the line is funny. And there's a reason the Beast rejects the idea.

letitbe56 0

And by Lumiere I meant Cogsworth.

Nightmare1 0

what a dumb ass. you gotta be stupid to do something like that

Shit happens. He showed up. Maybe he got scared? You can **** off.

where the **** was he that he seriously did not have access to some sort of phone? This guy ****** UP majorily! not saying he doesnt love her but he has a hell of a way of showing it! Gotta give a girl time to even think about taking him back!

ronws23 0

jesus christ, high school lovers neevr work otu.

this happened on that 70s show last nite liar. if u have to make f ur life

That's a bitch. Ditch him and find someone who cares.

This is nearly identical to the plot line of an episode of That 70's Show that was on last night.