By red - 27/09/2012 11:37 - United States - Portland

Today, my ex dropped by to pick up a piece of art he'd left when I threw him out a month ago. While here, he visited the restroom. Tonight, my shampoo smelled like urine. And he called at 11pm to say he'd ''rubbed one out'' on my new boyfriend's toothbrush. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 076
You deserved it 8 255

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

ItzMeGuyz 3

Have a new bf that quick, who is already living with you? Not antagonizing just questioning. New to this whole relationship thing. Don't know what appropriate time of from one relationship is enough.

Just because he has a toothbrush there doesn't mean he lives with her. It's just good hygiene if he is spending the night.

Well it's possible that they've actually been dating for ages and old boyfriend is just really slow at collecting his crap...it takes some couples years to get to the point where they can talk to each other again, arrange to collect things and actually follow through said plans until EVERYTHING is collected. And OP is just calling her current boyfriend 'new' to avoid confusion.

63 - the FML says that the ex was thrown out a month ago. They might have broken up before, though.

I'd say make up an excuse to go to his house and rub shit all over his room. Let's see how funny he thinks that would be. Asshole.

I WOULD say he's an immature douche and you did well to dump his ass...on the other hand, I don't know why you threw him out. Are you sure you did nothing to deserve this, OP? Did he perhaps **** on your new boyfriend's toothbrush because he is the reason you threw your ex out? Just speculating here.

it's disturbing how many of you appear to think it's legal to piss and **** on other people's things...

Just because it isn't legal, doesn't mean it isn't deserved.

Again, not saying that OP necessarily deserves it. I can't make a judgment on that without knowing what happened between OP and her ex. I'm just saying that just because retaliation for a wrong is illegal doesn't mean that retaliation isn't deserved. For example, someone murders my mom. As the police are escorting the murderer to jail, I assassinate him. I will be convicted of murder, but that doesn't mean my mother's murderer didn't deserve to die. I'm not advocating vigilantism, but if you treat other people like shit, don't be surprised if someone responds in kind. In this case, if OP did seriously wrong her ex, there was likely no legal avenue for him to take against her, so he simply took matters into his own hands.

I can really see no circumstances under which this can be an appropriate form of revenge. And the new boyfriend did what exactly? You might think the murder of someones mom deserves to die (coming from a country with no death penalty I wouldn´t even agree on that) but that does not give anyone the right to kill him and maybe a couple of more or less innocent bystanders as well (the boyfriend).

We don't know what her new boyfriend did. For all we know he could have been sleeping with OP.while she and her ex were still together. In any case, I'm not saying that OP's ex was right in what he did, whether or not he has a legitimate grievance against OP, or that we should go around exacting revenge againsteveryone who wrongs us. I'm just saying that OP may have had something like this coming.

As I said I can´t see circumstances justifying what he did. Cheating is a bad thing (if that´s what happened) and a reason to be angry but this can not be the right answer to solve the problem.

dougiewhale 6

Has it occurred to anyone that she may have done something to deserve it? We don't have the full story. I friend's ex wife cheated on him, so he did almost the same thing. He rubbed one out in her face wash, though. I'm just saying is all.

Even if that's true, 2 wrongs should not make a right.

dougiewhale 6

*my* Here come the grammar police.

KBear3109 29

A month ago? So within a month you already have a boyfriend who is living with you.

He could just have a toothbrush at her house, doesn't mean he lives there. Or maybe he was the reason why she broke up with her ex.

Still a month is pretty soon to be leaving a spare toothbrush there as well!

Maybe the problems were building in the relationship and she fell in love with her new bf from before she made the final decision to throw out her ex..just a suggestion.

This is exactly why I have security cameras installed in all my restrooms. No really, it's only in case jealous, sociopathic ex-girlfriends drop by to pick up stuff and use the restroom and try any sort of monkey business while they're here. I swear.

So...you "kicked him out" a month ago and already have another live-in boyfriend?... I might be mad at you too...

yeah I agree, everyone is bitching about the ex. Who knows, maybe she cheated on him with that other guy and then kicked him out to let the new guy move in. One month seems like a very short time to jump from one living in boyfriend to another if nothing happened before...

We can never know. If the ex treated her like a little princess, she should've definitely given it more time so he had time to heal. If he did nothing for the relationship and he's just a jealous little bitch because he's used to always getting what he want, she doesn't really owe him much :)