By TCRII - 13/06/2018 15:52

Today, my estranged wife, who I am divorcing, asked me to find homes for our animals. I have a dog, which I am keeping. She has 3 dogs, 4 cats, 1 pig, 3 goats, 2 horses and 54 chickens. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 501
You deserved it 388

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OP, Your name wouldn't happen to be "Noah," would it by any chance?

Offer to have a pig roast, with sides of fried chicken, and curried goat. Then take a trip to the glue factory, and end your day at a local Chinese restaurant.

Comments

Sounds like you just got yourself a free petting zoo

HER animals are not YOUR problem. Alternatively, you could offer to take them to the local animal control or animal shelter if you feel like being somewhat “cooperative” - and I would not enquire if they are “no kill” or not. Ignorance can be bliss (or in some cases it can be dangerous, but that’s a different thought). When you are getting separated, divorced, or “uncoupled” it’s time to firmly but politely separate you soon to be “ex’s” responsibilities and problems from yours. It’s not wise to be nasty or mean, like killing or roasting their former pet or selling it to a farm that raises them commercially, as ex’s usually have opportunities to be nasty in return. Once a viscous cycle starts it can get out of hand, so do not go there.

Lobby_Bee 17

If you don't want any headaches, just give her the farm in the divorce.

Some reasons for the divorce are becoming clearer.

GoogieWithers 22

You need to find numbers for no kill shelters/animal charities and work through them if you want to help. If you don't want to help, then just give her the list of numbers. The animals have done nothing wrong, so try to put your emotions aside for them.

I think it would be funny to see trucks from both the local animal shelter and the local butcher there at the same time.

TCRII 29

I am happy to say that I found good homes for all of the animals.