By Anonymous - 05/07/2013 04:59 - Canada - Newmarket

Today, my daughter asked me to get her razors. When my 19-year-old son saw them he asked what they were for, to which my daughter replied, "For my armpits." My son then said, "Girls don't grow armpit hair." FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 969
You deserved it 6 914

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well he's gonna be surprised where else they grow hair if THAT shocks him...

Comments

DaLiquer 20

Maybe if girls didn't start shaving and wearing makeup at such an early age he would know better! Why girls in middle school need to shave is beyond me!

Because that's when they start growing hair and when their mommies start teaching them to shave. -.-

Although I agree with makeup, girls go through puberty earlier than boys, and thus will start growing hair in places like their armpits earlier. Also, we don't know how old the daughter is in this.

Society makes girls want to wear makeup/shave early on.

I got made fun of in grade 6 for wearing a "real" bra (I had a full A cup at age 11) which is hilarious now because it had the least amount of padding. But I digress girls in middle school will get teased for EVERYTHING most of the time they just want to fit in and I don't think shaving or wearing deodorant (which my dad thought I was too young for at 13) is wrong. I'm sorry if the girls don't tease you about your hairy pits those immature dumb boys will. The 19 year old maybe is dating someone like me that doesn't have much body hair so maybe he just thought all women were like that. (I never shave my legs cause theres really nothing to shave, don't need to wax my face ever, I have hardly any brows, and all I have to do is wax or shave my under arms once a month)

You're ignorant. Everyone enters puberty at different ages. Girls have been known to start puberty earlier than boys. I had the whole works by the time I was in junior high compared to some of my peers that were still not entering puberty while other peers had started puberty before me and went into junior high with everything already set in stone.

Not really the point I was making but okay......

lorraineald 7

Also if your like me when I was in middle school I had sisters in high school. I mostly started shaving because I wanted to be like them. It's not society teaching girls these things, it's just girls trying to feel grown up.

#93 - Sorry, I was responding to #16. I didn't see your comment that said similar things until now. :)

What? Girls aren't naturally hairless?

I wonder what'll happen when he comes across a ******.

TheDrifter 23

Sure they do, but they're innies instead of outies.

KiddNYC1O 20

I hear some guys have innies. :O

I've herd that some guys don't even think girls grow hair other than on their heads.

doglover100 28

There are some guys who think girls don't poop or fart.

perdix 29

They don't grow nipple hair, either. Except when they do ;(

rabidpeach 5

Now that he knows pornstars shave, perhaps it's a good time to explain to him about implants.

Oh, well that's a nice discovery that he's made, guess I'll stop shaving now.

olpally 32

Yet another moron... Sigh :/ common sense isn't so common anymore.

ARRRGGGHHHH, this sort of shit really pisses me off. If girls want to shave, fine, but I'm sick of people thinking it's abnormal or disgusting for a woman to be all natural. It simply makes no sense to me, it's a personal choice, it's not unhygienic so why lambast the poor girls? This sort of ignorant disbelief that female hair even exists to begin with just makes me want to bash my head against a wall.

Same here. No wonder why so many girls/women are insecure when we are portrayed to be freaks of nature if we actually looks like nature intended.

While I agree with your point I have to disagree with your argument. It IS in fact unhygienic having hair in your armpits. This hairs main reason is to keep the body odor strong. It's a remnant from the time before perfumes and soupes when we were actually attracted to strong body odors. This, of course, goes for both boys and girl but you do actually smell more(/worse) if you don't shave.

body odor was a defense mechanism for early human so you are very wrong

kewpiesuicide 29

My girlfriend doesn't shave at all. At first I was a little surprised to see a girl with all natural armpit hair but that was before I moved to Columbus where there's about 40% gay population. It's no big deal to me now.

42-I'm sorry, what? That's probably the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard in my life. With that logic it's unhygenic to have hair on your head aswell--**** the fact that having a shower takes care of dirt and odor, not to mention deoderant--and we should all just walk around looking like Rufus the naked mole-rat, only hoping to attract one another based on who is wearing Chanel No. 5. Maybe it's not just your username that is stupid.

48 & 46 do the words pheromones mean anything to you? there are certain chemicals present in body odor when a woman is ovulating and fertile that let men know that she's capable of getting pregnant at that time and there's also chemicals present in a mans body odor that make women attracted to them so yes body odor is not just a defense mechanism it's also a tool for procreation :p (sources: being an insufferable know it all)

thats funny i find it crazy hes nineteen and he didnt know girls have armpit hair dont they teach sex ed in school anymore?

Kozmotis 8

Why would they teach about armpit hair in sex ed?

They teach kids about puberty in sex ed.