By Anonymous - 05/03/2016 05:57 - United States - Hudsonville

Spicy
Today, my dad thought it was perfectly acceptable to ask my girlfriend how many guys she screwed before me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 068
You deserved it 1 793

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She gets bonus points if her answer involved a fraction or decimal.

Comments

As long as she didn't wink at him and say there's always room for one more, your OK.

Daddy needs to mind his own ******* business. A man his age inquiring as to a young girl's sexual activities is really ******* CREEPY!!!!!

You don't know that she's a young girl. She could be 30

#33, 30 is still quite young. I am 30 and am considered the baby in most of my social circles.

People will say anything nowadays to be the devil's advocate. I'm sorry to break it to you but just because you're the "baby" in your group does not make you young, smh.

Did she answer that? Although the level of creepiness partly depends on how old you two are, teens or twenty-somethings, anything past that it's kinda a valid question, but still rude.

right? I mean if they're in their 40s, it's actually kinda funny. he was probably trying to test her sense of humor... poorly. I've had a boyfriend who's father was like this. he LOVED to embarrass the hell out of people. lol

Anything higher than zero is a no-go

thenetflox 4

Lmao only virgins ? What is this highschool?

I always wonder who these men sleep with. Typically the only people I see thinking women should stay virgins until marriage or some stupid shit are sexually active...so who are you going to sleep with exactly?

thenetflox 4

Exactly, they must be sleeping with other dudes I guess

stevenbro 6

That is beyond inappropriate. Keep the boyfriend, but have nothing to do with the family. What a jackass.

Yay for decades outdated beliefs that women shouldn't have the freedom to choose their bed mates as they like. Skies forbid that a women enjoys her sex life. /sarcasm Seriously, why do parents never ask the important things at these meetings? Like if they've both been tested for STIs, it they've made sure their contraceptive methods don't conflict, what their back up plan is if they fail, and making sure they understand how consent actually works. Even if the OP has dated before his current girlfriend.

Sorry but I don't believe that embracing sexual freedom means that it's right to sleep with every John Doe out there. Not saying it's his business but, to me, it's better to be a little conservative with who you have sex with. This goes for men and women. If I was out with a guy and he said he has slept with 40+ women, it would be a slight turn off. I wouldn't totally judge him for it but to say it wouldn't bother me would be a lie. Can't help it.

But why? Why does having sex, a perfectly natural thing, seem to diminish someone's character? Personally, I'd like to save my first time for someone who I hope to share the rest of my life with, but it's also my choice. I wouldn't care if that person slept with 100 people, might be a bit intimidating but they're still the person I knew before I learned that fact. Either way, your values should affect you. Not other people aka no reason to shame someone or view them badly no matter how many people they slept with.

Seriously? I would find it pretty damn inappropriate if my boyfriend's parents would all of a sudden ask about my STI status and contraception choices. None of their business.

This tends to apply more to women than men because of the economics behind sex. Since until very recently women have had a lot more to lose from casual sex than men do (pregnancy, having to raise a child alone etc.) while a man can simply walk away if he doesn't want the responsibility women were forced to be very careful about who they had sex with. Since a man has almost nothing to lose from sex he is free to indulge his libido while women must restrict theirs so it leads to a buyers(male) versus sellers (females) market. Because of this a woman who gives sex away for free casually will have a lot more people interested than a man who does because of supply demand economics. In other words it's a lot easier for a woman to get laid than it is for a man.People tend not to respect someone who over indulges in something that's easy to do, it's seen as a lack of self-control. It's the same way that when food was scarce it was seen as a sign of wealth. Now that food is cheap most people would shake their heads if they saw a fat person gorging themselves.

@40 - As a guy, there are so many appealing qualities in a girl who hasn't slept around a with "100" other people. Sex for me is something very intimate and doesn't happen with just some random stranger (my opinion). The list of reasons is long, but I'll try to shorten it to the main two:

Why your father is interested in that is beyond me.