By Duckie W - 13/02/2009 01:24 - United States

Today, I was complaining to my sister about how jealous I was of her looks. Her response was "Sometimes it's okay to be the ugly sister. Like, you have less of a chance of getting raped." FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 678
You deserved it 6 227

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Gingerly 0

Tell her she may be pretty now, but when she gets old and ugly, you'll still have a personallity.

Don't worry, she clearly proved by that statement she is one of those "pretty dumb" girls. But, you have to give her props for trying to make you feel better. She probably didn't know what else to say. If you are constantly badgering her about it, she probably knows she can't just say, "Nooo... that's not true..." anymore. Learn there are more important things in life, you will grow, and she will be stuck having to survive on her good looks, while you get ahead in life.

Comments

unless you ran into the rapist that likes the ugly sister lmao

Rape usually has to do with dominance not "looks"....like when dogs hump each other they're showing their dominance...so technically u could still get raped...if that makes u feel ant better =/

It really nothing to joke about. People of this generation joke things that aren't funny, like rape, abuse and addiction. It's not acceptable or funny. Depression ad low self esteem are other ones. I'm a teenage girl and those things are really issues that bother me. I have low self esteem, and the jokes aren't funny. Don't joke about rape. What if you or someone you love you gets raped? Will it be funny then?

Don't quite know my this is getting so many thumbs down when it's so true... People don't really think about the reality of the things they joke about.

I don't understand why this is getting thumbs down. It's the most honest thing I've ever heard.

Are you seriously trying to pick up girls (bitchy ones too) on FML?!

well only a little less chance of getting raped. you dont know that there are alot of crazy people in this crazy world

They're crazy for raping an ugly girl but not a hot one? Is that what you're implying?

well... if you want your sister to feel as bad as you do, tell her you hope she gets raped... but that's kind of mean. so i'll leave the choice up to you.

I agree. she is being pretty mean to insinuate that OP is so ugly that even a percentage of rapists would reject her as a potential victim. Id tell her the same thing :/

Gingerly 0

Tell her she may be pretty now, but when she gets old and ugly, you'll still have a personallity.

baddaysfml 0

LOL...you should just be more confident.you could always have the better style

#10 haha. thats horrible. i'm glad those are the only words of encouragement she could think of.

Don't worry, she clearly proved by that statement she is one of those "pretty dumb" girls. But, you have to give her props for trying to make you feel better. She probably didn't know what else to say. If you are constantly badgering her about it, she probably knows she can't just say, "Nooo... that's not true..." anymore. Learn there are more important things in life, you will grow, and she will be stuck having to survive on her good looks, while you get ahead in life.