By fuck off, dad - 04/04/2014 21:31 - Colombia

Today, my dad had a chat with my fiancé, telling him he can do better than me, and to think carefully before going through with our wedding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 339
You deserved it 4 229

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What's your dad's deal? Usually it's the other way around and they insist that no man is good enough for their princess. But congrats on the engagement either way.

Comments

Rcmpbell 6

Maybe he was testing him, trying to see if he'd run out just because of what he said

VengeanceChicken 12
EndOfSekrets 13

I am so sorry. That is just awful. Ignore your asshole dad

VengeanceChicken 12

Dick-Move Dad strikes again

OP--How well did your Dad usually get along with your fiance? Did your Dad really respect him? If not, it's possible that your Dad's behavior was just a ploy to break the two of you up because he didn't think your fiance was good enough for his daughter...

Axel5238 29

I'm wondering if the dad had his reasons. Love is sometimes blind, people fall in love with someone that is bad for them. I had an ex as nice as she was wanted to get married, but really didn't have anything planned for the future for herself. Possible, as terrible as it was the OP's father sees something in the boyfriend that bothers him or the OP's dad could just be an asshole, but usually there are reasons that go beyond the parent is an ass.

You know what, don't invite your dad to the wedding. If he's that much of an asshole, he doesn't deserve to be a part of it.

Not only is he not supportive of their relationship, he is also putting his daughter down by saying there are other women better than her that her fiancé can go after. That is very disrespectful on her part. He shouldn't be invited to the wedding he is trying to cancel.

I think every dad says that. just to make sure the fiance doesnt have 2nd thoughts and leave you waiting at the alter.