By oh gee, you don't say - 15/12/2012 18:43 - United Kingdom - Southampton

Today, my dad forced the whole family to sit through a two-hour lecture, with supporting research, on how the "Mayan prophecy" is actually a load of shit fabricated by conmen. Nice to know he thinks we're all borderline brain-dead, gullible fuckwits who believed it to begin with. Thanks, dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 015
You deserved it 4 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

loserboii 11

On the 21st, play some music with loud bass on your speakers to make the house shake. Then see if he comes down screaming that the Mayans were right.

Tell him to explain it again, through the use of interpretive dance

Comments

ninjacow123 6

Or maybe you're the *******. Hence you don't know how to spell prophecy.

BongRipsForJesus 7

They use a different system of measurement, baktuns, which range from 1-13, or about 5,125 years. Their calendar starts at 1 baktun and "rolls over" at 13. Since the end of 13 is essentially 12/21/2012, it should signify the beginning of something rather than the end.

The Mayans had to stop writing calendars at some point in time... It had to stop somewhere.

It's cute to see how many don't know jack shit about the Mayan apocalypse. And lack enough intelligence to believe a culture managed to predict the apocalypse but not their own extinction. Mayan calendars work in grouping a number of days together, just like ours. But they have a bunch of them, the longest being a few thousand years, though I don't remember the exact number. The Mayans didn't see the end of their calendar as the end of the world any more than we see new years eve as the end of the world. The cycle just restart. Also, when converting the Mayan calendar to our Gregorian one they did in in fact account for leap years. So the "doomsday"-date is correct. Personally, I will spend my apocalypse/Mayan new year celebrating. I like the idea of two new years eves in one year.

There's three if you count Chinese New Year. The party never ends.

bugmenotmofo 34

Hooray for a dad that gives a shit about his offspring.

Good news is we get to see the hobbit before the end. Bad news- we're going to miss the other 2.

2RaRa25 6

It could have been worse, OP. He could actually be a doomsday believer and forced everyone to 1) be informed, i.e., the skeptical documentaries that are airing at the moment. And 2) he could've then forced everyone to start prepping with him and giving up jobs and such. At least he hasn't fallen for the rumors.

If you actually believe the world is gonna end on the 21st, then you are a *******.

It was actually all fabricated by the Illuminati so they can finally establish a new world order out of the chaos that will emerge from their false prediction. 2012 IS AN INSIDE JOB! WAKE UP PEOPLE!

your dads an idiot, tell him.i said that. the mayans had knowledge of something & theyre pissed people are calling it the mayan apacolypse. government & religeous corperations are the con men.

Well, time to bookmark this comment and come back on the 22nd to tell you how much of a crying-ass fucktard you are.

"Hey dad, you're an idiot. ~KhAoZd~ said so."

Yep, looks like I'm still here and stuff.