By BFH4Life - 30/11/2011 09:27 - United Kingdom

Today, my dad announced to the whole family that we will be having a vegetarian dinner this Christmas to make my step-mum happy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 939
You deserved it 5 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

amanda_say_whutt 9

My family tried doing that one time. But, I have a car, so when I went to eat a "salad" I ate fried chicken(:

Hubner24 11

I think what the op is trying to get across is not that vegetarian food is gross but the fact that their dad is making the whole family have a vegetarian meal instead of just the step-mom eating a vegetarian meal! I would cook my own meat and put it on my plate just to piss her off!

Comments

RainWind 0

Making everyone suffer just to get laid... What a douche.

Bullheard 0
every1luvsboners 11

Go buy a reindeer steak cut it into pieces and make a tasty steak necklace and bracelet.

And give the rest to Chuck Testa to scare the step-mom because she will think it's alive? Or not, since its only a steak.

lmaoatall 6

Here's a rough draft Christmas wish list for you. Beef jerky Summer sausage Ribeyes Blackforest ham And bacon I would be happy!! Make sure they get the list soon so they can fill it.

I think the unreasonable thing here is this one person is forcing their personal choice on everyone else. This is the wrong kind of vegetarian. That choice for yourself for whatever reason is all well and good. Now if she herself is not willing to cook meat dishes that's alright. If no one can even bring any that's ******* tyrannical and controlling.

"NoOoOoOo bit we haz to bE saving teh llammas and pandAs and teh whales!?" That's how I imagine these kind of vegetarians. But then again, I took 56g of raisins this morning.

FYLDeep 25

Well there's tradeoffs there. He had the option of either making your step-mom happy, or everyone else happy. Now after we look at the numbers on each side, we can safely declare that your dad's decision didn't make any goddamn sense.

leadman1989 15

Except he keeps his lady happy... which = ******** and boobs. I don't think anything can make more sense.

have you taken into account the bedroom factor? ;)

also, it doesn't say she's not an only child? So if its just the three of them, and he's willing to eat veggie, actually the numbers would make sense!

Vegetarian food can be good as long as there is no substituting things for meat such as Tofurkey. No one can tell me that tastes like turkey.

from what i can deduce, tofurkey is f**ing nasty, or at least it will be if it tastes anything like tofu, luckily, its not available in the UK. However, there are a number of 'substitutes' which even if they dont taste like whatever meat they're imitating, they are actually quite nice (my cat cant differentiate, and she's a carnivore!) Unfortunately in the UK we can no longer get the Mornngstar range (which tastes AMAZING - if you live in the US get the bacon!) However, Frys stuff is all really, really nice and so is Tival (you can make pigs in blankets out of their yummy little cocktail sausages) Alternatively, have a curry, my mum did this once because i persuaded her it was a good idea. It was. We has about 10 different dishes of vegetarian awesomeness!

swimgurly 2

Screw them! U should eat meat right in front of them.

my_usagi 0

Wow, fyl for not eating dead creatures for a day? Lol what a sorrowful day