By idontmakethedresscode - 23/10/2015 08:17 - United States - Napa

Today, my classmate went into rage mode and cursed at me, complaining how it's so unfair that I'm allowed to wear a hijab in class but she isn't allowed to wear a Flamingo hat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 971
You deserved it 6 431

Same thing different taste

Top comments

omgitsmoe 26

I never knew flamingo hats were a religious practices :/

Comments

I am so sorry, that happened to you people are so arrogant.

I don't understand why you can't wear a flamingos hat, who cares if you want to wear a flamingos hat at school?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Actually, you're comparing apples and oranges. If there is a dress code, one must follow the dress code. Religious garb is an exemption. If the girl was a part of a religion that required flamingo hats, she would be allowed to wear her hat. I don't know if you're trolling, or if you're actually confused about this, but I decided to explain anyways. So no, wearing clothing for fun =/=wearing clothing for religious purposes. The rules do apply to everyone, a Christian can wear a cross, a Jewish man can wear a yarmulke, a Sikh man can wear a turban, and a Hindu woman can put vermillion on her forehead. However, these people could probably not wear flamingo hats. Therefore, the rules do apply to everyone.

I agree with 32, and don't understand if 29 was being serious or not, because the OP and the other person in the story are completely different situations.. and it shouldn't okay for just anyone to break the dress code. Religious beliefs are just what are considered "special circumstances"

I definitely agree with what 29 is saying. Religion seems to be put on a pedestal where somehow it's immune to rules and regulations that apply to everything and everyone else, and I don't see why that would be, it's a matter of choice and opinion that should not make you deserve a special treatment. (And just so you know, I'm religious myself, I'm not speaking out of hate here.) That being said, I'm all for minimal dresscodes allowing for as much personal freedom as possible, so both hijabs, sikh turbans, and any kind of fashionable or funny hats would be acceptable in my book, as long as they're small enough so that other students who sit behind aren't hindered. HOWEVER, OP simply didn't deserve anyone being mean to her about any of this, as she did not make up the school dresscode.

highwayman 9

Rules should apply to all the students seperate on of church and state for a reason

itwasntme14 19

The separation of church and state refers to the government not choosing an official religion for our country. It means basically means all religions are accepted. Even the military makes certain religious exemptions for people when possible.

megs925 16

I have a feeling that, even after explaining the difference,she still won't get it.

clickme 17

There's considerable difference: Ziva David wouldn't be caught dead in a flamingo hat. 'Nuff said

Thats cruel of her OP, You should wear a Flamingo themed inspired Hiijab just to spite her, of course ask her how it looks lol