By Noname - 08/03/2009 13:34 - United Kingdom

Today, my brother had his fiancée over to meet the whole family. We were having a great time with her, and my mother gushed to her that she was like the daughter she never had. I'm her daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 306
You deserved it 3 008

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should've wiggled your boobs in front of her face and said, "What the hell do you think these are?"

this reminds me of monica from friends. lol. your mom'll come around. she was probably trying to make the fiance feel welcome :)

Comments

feduplife 0

you made that up. it happened on friends.

gqduck 0

You post to this site almost every day. FYL indeed.

that's nothing i was fighting with my dad i while back about something, and i said, "that hurts my feelings" he said, "your mom and i always wanted our first born (me ) to be a girl, we were so happy we got one"

Well she's going to be a mother-in-law, so basically that's her daughter-in-law. So yeah, it really is a "daughter she never had." I don't think this is a FML unless you're taking it the wrong way. I mean it's a happy time for your brother and parents, so yeah, they might draw attention away from you, and perhaps you're just interpreting things differently than you should. I think the illusion that you came up with is completely fabricated in your mind. Just chill out and don't take things as literal meaning all the time.

Well, you know what to do: -Meet your sister-in-law's parents -Take copious notes -Tell your mom perfectly innocently what incredibly successful people and what great parents they are ;-) #14: Well, it's hard to tell for sure without more context, I guess the OP is the one who knows best. If her mom is the type that ignores her or makes snide remarks, it's not unreasonable to assume her mom was being a bitch. I know parents like that, I can tell you.

#11 just because it happened on friends doesn't mean it didn't happen to this person too

First of all its just a figure of speech and you shouldnt think tomuch of it. Second; unless she's exactly like you then there is no way you should be offended by it seeing that then she indeed would b the daughter she never had, because she had you, who is different from her.

LifeSux19 0

She probably didn't mean it. She just wanted her to feel welcomed.

after meeting her parents, tell your mom that the fiance's parents are like the ones you've always wanted.

Next time your mom yells at you for something or goes "I can do this because I am your mother," inform her that "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize I had a mother."