By Ketchup - 22/06/2009 06:06 - United States

Today, my brother and I found a little bird that couldn't fly. While trying to convince my mom that it couldn't fly so we could keep it, I lightly tossed it in the air and it landed a few feet in front of me. Then my cat grabbed it and ate it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 788
You deserved it 49 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

it probably died after you "lightly tossed" the damn thing. birds are fragile, you can't just throw them.

What the hell you doing throwing the poor thing?? It would have probably died of shock if your cat hadn't got at it!

Comments

let's see if you can fly come climb this ladder with me!

Correct, and to add to that, the bird DOES have common sense. It's not like a human learning to swim, it's instinct and they're born with it. Plus, not being able to fly does not mean not being able to flap its wings. Most of the time they can, just not hard enough or fast enough. Birds are also better-equipped than a falling human would be to handle different types of air pressure, winds, and rough landings. Chances are very, extremely low that the bird would have taken even the slightest physical trauma from the throw or landing.

For the win and Original Poster. haha wow. that sucks. well at least you fed your cat.

and here are some others FML: **** MY LIFE FHL: HUCK HIS/HER LIFE YDI: YOU DESERVE IT YFDI: YOU ******* DESERVE IT

I volunteer at an animal sanctuary and I'm sorry to say that the fall would probably have caused the poor thing to go into shock and die. Depending on the drop. A foot or 2, no, anything higher than that, probably.

RedCarpetGrave 0

all of you need to Shut the **** Up. She says she "lightly tossed it". If the bird had any common sence at all, it would know to spread its wings a little so as to make the fall slower. An in case you all didn't know, birds have hollow bones. It doesn't fall like you or me would. She wanted to keep it, and her cat ate it. That's all this is about. Stop butchering this perfectly good FML over the one detail.

fuckmahlife 0

/clap very well put. however i have to dissagree with you at only one point. i once had a bird fly thru my house and have my cat almost eat it. i grabbed it from my cats mouth, brought it outside, and threw it in the air for it to fly away. it didnt open its wings or anything, however we figured it was mostly from the shock of the attack. regardless, well put

You threw a baby bird in the air you ******* idiot. Even if your cat didn't eat it, having a dick like you looking after it would probably have been a fate worse than death anyway.

I'm pretty sure they can walk if they were able to throw the bird. Noob.

babybarb 0

I can't believe you threw a poor little bird into the air. I hate you! I hope someone tosses you to prove you are unable to walk.

FML_Add1cT 0

Haha yeah, -1 you, brother, and bird. +1 kitty.

ImAKlutz15 0