By lonelygirl - 14/02/2010 05:03 - United States

Today, my boyfriend took me on a romantic weekend away at a hotel. What is he doing now? On his computer looking up stuff on Craigslist while I am watching t.v. alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 653
You deserved it 3 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fat_snooki_lol 6

but you're presumably on your phone telling us. WTF

I know how you feel... I spent a bunch of money to fly out to see my girl for vacation. I was hanging out on the bed... she was sitting in a chair or reading a book. That's great... I love spending hundreds of dollars to watch tv in a hotel. FYL :(

Comments

The OP must've got it wrong. SHE'S on the computer and her BOYFRIEND is watching t.v. alone.

Icarus_II 0

This is a total "getchu some" moment. Maybe if you had his attention then things would happen. It's not a FML, it's more like a "FYL-for-being-lazy-and-nit-gettin'-some". Case closed.

Icarus_II 0

*opens case a little* I meant *not *closes case once more*

Romance isn't a one-way thing. Just because he invited you and paid to take you out doesn't mean the entire burden of making this weekend work is on him. What have you contributed to this weekend? Forget about money and sex; that's not what I am talking about. Have -you- done anything romantic, or have you just been passively waiting for everything to happen? For all you know, come Monday, he'll be writing: Today, I got back from an expensive Valentine's weekend with my girlfriend. Apparently I couldn't keep her entertained enough, so she ignored me to watch TV. I wound up spending the whole time on my computer. FML (reposted -- it never showed up for some reason)

While I totally agree with the first part of your statement (if she spent the date not talking and expecting him to pay and come up with EVERYTHING.. not cool) ... sounds like she is making slightly more of an effort to be with him right now then he is. Sitting on a bed watching TV? Okay, open possibilities for conversation, cuddling or at least sitting next to each other together. Sitting at a computer? Not as many options for seducing or romantizing there. Plus, while it would be nice for the date to go both ways.. it's commonly the guy's job to start things.. or at least be accessible for her to start the seducing...

i actually kind of agree with this. the OP should turn off the tv and go to her boyfriend. or even invite him to come watch tv with her. but her complaining about him while she sits and watches tv is pretty ridiculous.

corme, I agree with you that him being on the computer isn't helping. The thing is she can't post on FML without a computer. That means either he got off the computer and then she got on it to complain instead of being with him -or- she brought her own laptop. Neither is particularly good.

If it's exactly how the FML was posted... then he's on the computer and she's watching TV... maybe she submitted an FML on her cellphone... i've done that before... spent hundred's to go visit a girl who enjoyed sitting on her ass... so I texted and surfed the net telling my friend what a mistake and waste of time it was.... That or this happened already and the OP is just writing it in a sense to keep up with the FML's usual format. both cases FYL If she was on the TV and then jumped on to the computer once he was done to complain... then they're both just avoiding each other and blah.... YDI for sure hard to tell....

um hello ? you're on the computer too. dumbass. be thankfull you have a boyfriend and be thankfull he brought you there in the 1st place. And just be better in bed or he will always go play when HE is done.

thejedi08 10

YDI for having a boyfriend that likes craigslist

are you bollocks watching tv alone, you're on here whining about your whiny boyf and your whiny life, YDI & GTFO

YDI for not slutting yourself up and hanging around the hotel bar. Your bf would either get off his ass to run after you or you could make some serious money!