By lonethong15 - 08/08/2014 22:53 - United States - Dallas

Today, my boyfriend told me he likes to do things the old-fashioned way, and that he wouldn't propose to me without my father's blessing. My dad died 3 years ago, and he knows it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 768
You deserved it 3 913

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tell him you like the old fashion way too, tell him you want to wait until you're married until you have sex's again.

Hopefully you have a step father and he meant him

Comments

That's soo ****** up, pretty much he's stalling...

Return the favour, if he really wants to be old fashioned, no sex before marriage either.

Uh, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to get married, but don't be sad most guys don't.

Not at all!!! The Father is dead and he just does not yet want to tell her that he does not want to get married. If she leaves him, shoe leaves him but some people do NOT want to get married, myself included. Marriage is just a document that makes it publicly known to the city and state that you are exclusively having sex and a partnership with ONE person. You can have that without a stupid marriage license. You must be 11 or 12 years old or something.

I guess that's his way of saying he's not going to pop the question soon. Sorry about him and your father, OP!

Either he is being a genius douche bag or a dumb sweetheart, or maybe he'll pray?

tuffykat 8

Thats one way of saying he doesnt want to get married

He could have been referring to a father figure. People say happy Father's Day but that also includes father figures.