By lacucarcha - 15/10/2015 21:47 - United Kingdom - Telford

Today, my boyfriend flamboyantly proposed to me in a packed restaurant. I promptly had a panic attack and fainted in front of at least fifty people and a full mariachi band. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 078
You deserved it 2 272

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you say yes? I mean, after the mariachi band carried you to the hospital of course

lexiieeex3 32

It's not your fault OP, it's not easy to be put on the spot like that. I hope all is well and he understood. PS- Am I the only one who pictured a super gay man singing his way through a proposal with a full accompaniment or...

Comments

THIS is why you find out what proposals your partner would like and what they'd hate/freak out over.

If I did this I would carry them out of the building and calm them down. Sometimes you can fix mistakes

Sucks that your boyfriend didn't take into consideration what i am guessing is your normal reactions to crouds or lots of attention.

lissabobissa 18

This went into my favorites right away. ? hope you're okay OP!

dragoongirl90 34

Aw, poor little girl being proposed to. Meanwhile some of us have just lost the love of our lives.

No need to be a dick. Some people just have serious anxiety being put on the spot like that.

I think you misspelled something. I believe it's supposed to go like this, "Nobody else is allowed to have problems except me!! I'm a cold unsympathetic jerk!!!!!!!!" There. Fixed it.

Perhaps your crappy attitude has something to do with that..?

Aww, boohoo. Break-ups are a thing and they are a natural part of life. Get over it.

dragoongirl90 34
dragoongirl90 34

And no, you jack asses. It's about her whining that she was proposed to when people all over are having their hearts broken.

And? She wasn't just proposed to, she had a panic attack and fainted. In front of a lot of people. That's pretty embarrassing, which makes it a FML. You are coming off as extremely bitter and condescending. FML isn't just for the worst things ever, a lot of them are from embarrassment.

dragoongirl90 34

No, she wasn't proposed to as the FML. She was proposed to and freaked out about it.

He takes your breath away and sweeps you off your feet.

I probably would died to if there were that many people!

tiger820 20

the only reason I could think of you having a panic attack is because you don't want to marry him?.......

YoungMoney432 4

You obviously don't know much about anxiety and social anxiety then...

Great gesture, but he should know you well enough by now to know how you would or may react. Are panic attacks the norm for you or was this an isolated thing?