By Awkward - 04/02/2010 16:03 - France

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me, claiming moving in was a bad idea and he is the type who needs his privacy. It was his idea to move in, he had to convince me. Now we are stuck, under lease together for the next 6 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 862
You deserved it 3 709

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Draw a line up the middle and take one side.

olivejuice001 0

If one of you wants to stay wherever you are living and the other agrees to move out, you can usually have the lease rewritten under the name of the one staying. Did that when I realized my now ex-fiance was a waste of time and energy. He moved out, I kept the place. (This works best when he's done something incredibly stupid that you can hold over his head to motivate him to get lost.)

Comments

woooooooow... that sucks. invite over random people until he buys out your half, lol

Oh man, the same thing happened to me! My ex and I were sharing a 4 bedroom house with 3 other people, and he convinced me that it would be better of we moved into our own apartment. I was reluctant but finally agreed, with the stipulation that we get a 2 bedroom apt (just in case). Unfortunately there were no good ones in our budget range, so we got a really nice one bedroom. 2.5 months later, he announced he was moving back with his parents. I couldn't afford the rent by myself. I got the last laugh though, because I asked his ex girlfriend to move in with me, and now we've been best friends for the past 6 years!  

that's probably because the majority of people who don't believe in moving in before matrige, also don't belive in divorce, even when it is the right thing to do also just because the 'stats' say that doesn't mean it's a good idea, I'm practically living with my boyfriend now, I see him everyday and talk to him all day when I'm not with him, I don't live with him though, but I might aswell be, this is the case for a lot of people.

grayscale_red 0

YDI for allowing yourself to be convinced to do something you didn't want to do

Kinda agree with #58 Same thing happened to me. Boyfriend wants out, as soon as things got slightly "difficult" (ie; not the constant booty he expected, small apartment, me getting sick). And yes, HE was the one who wanted to move in together in the first place. Serves me right for assuming the guy had more maturity and life experience. I can't believe how clueless he is about the ups and downs of REAL life. Douchebag.

let the property manager use your deposit money so that you can break the lease

What I want to know is how many people these days are getting married before living together? Is it reallllllllllly that common as to where there's a "statistic" that says marriages are better if people wait until marriage to move in together? I mean c'mon.

Give him some space for a while, then try to fix it. That might just be what he needs.

sourgirl101 28

#82 is right! Great way to view a different side.