By Awkward - 04/02/2010 16:03 - France

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me, claiming moving in was a bad idea and he is the type who needs his privacy. It was his idea to move in, he had to convince me. Now we are stuck, under lease together for the next 6 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 862
You deserved it 3 709

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Draw a line up the middle and take one side.

olivejuice001 0

If one of you wants to stay wherever you are living and the other agrees to move out, you can usually have the lease rewritten under the name of the one staying. Did that when I realized my now ex-fiance was a waste of time and energy. He moved out, I kept the place. (This works best when he's done something incredibly stupid that you can hold over his head to motivate him to get lost.)

Comments

wow some people are so unforgiving... much better to find out you're not suited to living together now rather than after you're married- and then either faced with the choice of unhappy marriage or divorce. You never truly know someone until you've spent oodles of time under one roof with them, paying bills, sorting out who does the chores, seeing how they react when you're sick or not looking sexy, learning how to work out arguments.... I'd rather have someone put up with me through all that *without* being legally obligated to me- that way I'd know it was because they loved me, not tied to me by law. THEN i can choose to get married and know they're with me cos they love me, not because it's too hard to divorce. Besides, where are the statistics that say how many of those marriages are HAPPY ones?!! Just becuase two people are still married doesn't mean it's a SUCCESS, it's only a success if they're still HAPPY.

you brought up the break up and you're eating your words, sorry but i gotta say ydi. and yes, i know you're v.

TunaFlavoredFing 0

He is a douchebag, you should sleep with all his friends and tell him how much better in bed they are.

at least it wasn't a year lease I signed a year lease with my fiance after 2and a half years of being together and living together I was almost 3 months pregnant and he cheated in me left me for her and after 4 months decided he wanted his family back.