By Anonymous - 25/11/2015 13:37 - United States - Palmer

Today, my boss forced me to come into work despite having a bad cold. While waiting a table, I violently sneezed and sprayed a child's face with snot. His dad got so pissed that my boss had to pretend to fire me just to calm him down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 712
You deserved it 2 649

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's your boss's fault for forcing you. I guess he regretted his decision but hey at least he didn't fire you for reals, well I hope you get well soon

Comments

dragoongirl90 34

There is never any excuse to sneeze in someone's face.

is that even legal? Here its illegal to force someone to come to work if they call in sick.

It might be illegal, but when you gotta pay bills, you can't afford to press charges.

neuronerd 28

I had a boss make me come in to work while I had a stomach flu, because he couldn't get anyone else to cover. Hell, he asked if I could leave the hospital to come into work one time when I was there because of complications from chronic kidney disease. Some bosses are just insane.

"Today, I went to a restaurant with my father, since my parents are divorced, this is something I wait the whole week for. What I don't wait for is someone violently spraying snot all over my face. FML"

PePziNL 20

That snot a very cool situation to be in. Get well soon OP!

MonstreBelle 28

That's nasty to make a waiter come to work when they're sick. Nobody wants to eat food that may have been been accidentally contaminated. I hope your boss understands now why he shouldn't force a sick employee to go to come to work and that you don't get into more trouble for his stupidity.

Exactly! No boss should ever call in a sick employee. But the fact that op is a waitress makes this fml so much worse. F all the people that ate at the tables op waited on. Chances are people are going home sick because their food, silverware, cups were contaminated. The boss is a major idiot. It's better to be short staffed than to make everyone sick.

MonstreBelle 28

If I was at a restaurant and the waiter was sick, I definitely would not be eating there and would be speaking to the manager about basic hygiene and the many ways he's exposing customers to whatever illness the waiter has by not sending them home. I'd also consider reporting the manager to the health department. It's just so gross and common sense says someone who is sick shouldn't be around food other people are eating or the plates, cups, utensils, etc. they are using

God why didn't you cover your mouth? You could have turned into your shoulder and sneezed. Who the hell just sneeze everywhere like that!? I feel bad you had to go to work sick but still!

Damn... at least you're still employed. I know asshole bosses that would've REALLY fire you. Your boss now knows not to do that crap again. ?

Ugh i hate bosses like that. Guys like him is the reason my daughter ended up in the picu. Im so glad my boss didnt make me come in with whatever uri i had that was super contagious.

You have a cold. It's a sneeze. It's not explosive diarrhea or projectile vomiting. You know when it's coming. And all you have to do is throw your arm up and cover your face. Thousands of people have a mild cold and can function without snorting all over people. Unless your hands and arms were completely full and you can't turn your head, I can't feel bad for you.

It said she was waiting a table, so there are high chances that her arms were loaded with plates. Plus sneezes can occasionally sneak up on you. And she said "bad cold" not "mild cold." She's in a job where she will constantly be around customers and their food. It seems like a bad idea to me for a waitress to serve customers with a red crusty nose, feverish sweaty sheen on her forehead, blowing their nose and sneezing all the time, and (if their hands are full) then sneezing on the food and having boogers go everywhere...and I doubt customers would be satisfied with her simply turning her head a bit. I know I'd still be paranoid about spray contamination. Anyways in the type of job she has, I think it was rather reasonable of her to ask for a day off if it was truly a bad cold.