One way or another

By embarrassed - 08/10/2012 09:12 - Australia - Morphett Vale

Today, despite having a mild case of the flu, I visited my boyfriend's house and watched a movie with his parents. During the movie, I felt the sudden urge to sneeze. Trying to hold it in, I managed to do the loudest fart I've ever done in my life. Everyone heard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 998
You deserved it 6 132

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TheDrifter 23

The pressure has to go somewhere. Just be glad out came out dry.

Comments

reallytho3 11

Lol "HELL YEA I DID THAT SHIT!"

RedPillSucks 31

What the hell is snarting!!!??? Is that like farting while you're snorting cocaine? Cause I don't what to mess up the high or waste precious stuff.

Ya booger sugar is expensive now a days.

Well I don't know about that, but OP is some kind of badass. Even when it's just a cold for me, there's no way I'm doing anything productive that day.

Osito2011 9

41! I hope that is sarcasm, but in which case. Some people snort when they laugh. Like Urkel from family matters.

21-thank you. I just had to excuse myself out of class from laughing my ass off. I was reading with the class while (trying to sneak reading fml) and yeah laughed my ass off. Thank you lol

I'm with 2! Everyone farts. It was an accident. If I was the Original Poster I'd laugh it off. Oh, but I'm a girl. So, according to this site, I don't fart, shit, burp, poop, or any other bodily function that all humans do.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Note to self: Never try to hold back a sneeze again. That would be so embarrassing...especially since I have major anxiety issues. I'd never get over it. :P

Solid plan, #3. Personally, I voted YDI for trying to hold the sneeze in. Why not just let it fly free?

I put YDI for going out with the flu.. And the sneeze but mostly the flu

73 - OP says it was a mild cold. The flu is much worse than that.

cheshireau 26

Are you sure it wasn't silent and deadly? We would of guessed they heard it because it was loud.

FlyMeAway 2

I think s/he was trying to be clever, thinking of the last two sentences. However, s/he failed.

Since when does "loud" mean "silent?"

I get you, 4. You were just saying that OP's last two words were superfluous. Why you didn't just say that is beyond me.

TheDrifter 23

The pressure has to go somewhere. Just be glad out came out dry.

Seriously I thought this FML was going to end with "I shit myself in front of my boyfriend and his parents."

flutter4 7

74- seriously, I have no idea what you just said. Please type words!!

How the heck did the pressure travel all the way to the other end?! Is that possible, or did you coincidentally have to fart a few minutes later anyway?

enormouselephant 15

It's sad that we're so embarrassed of our natural body processes.

betseyville 6

It's happened to me before while trying to hold in a sneeze.

perdix 29

They probably laughed it off, but they'll be pissed at you in 1-2 weeks when they all come down with the flu. Your fart going to sound a lot funnier than their vomiting.

Perdix, you're usually pretty sharp, but you have failed.

perdix 29

#15, it's too early to tell. Check back in 2-3 weeks to see if the bf and his family got the flu from the OP.

I'm really not seeing much fail in the comment. Enlighten us #15.

I think the fail was that the flu doesn't cause vomiting.

perdix 29

#63, of course it does, that's one sure sign you have the flu and not just a bad cold.

It can cause vomiting, but that's not a frequent symptom (excepted with children). If you are vomiting, you probably have gastroenteritis, which can cause fever and headaches, but mostly vomiting and diarrhea. The difference between the flu and a simple cold is the presence of fever, muscle pain, headaches, and the fact that you are feeling weak (to the point where you are sometimes barely able to walk). Also, you sleep a lot. It's best not to mix them up, as you don't treat them with the same medication.

lmz1986 10

I'm assuming #15 is talking about Perdix failing to use contraction on the second part of his second statement. It should be fart's, or if you'd prefer, fart is.

If you guys don't get it, please view the FML below this one.

At least you didn't fart and sneeze at the same time.

Maybe if she did that combo everyone wouldn't have heard the fart.

RedPillSucks 31

Ah yes. The ninja stealth fart, covered up with a sneeze misdirection. Well done, batman.

Or she could have done a backflip lmao