By gothicvamp93 - 04/01/2015 06:46 - United States - Jacksonville

Today, my boss called and yelled at me because he said I was "spotted" out after I called off sick. I was out getting the medicine the doctor had just prescribed me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 150
You deserved it 2 374

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Not only is your boss an idiot for jumping to conclusions, but whoever "spotted" you needs to mind their own business and get their facts straight.

You should go into work and get him sick

Comments

How did he spot you? Shouldn't he have been at work? Common sense is becoming a superpower nowadays...

Eh, plenty of possible explanations. Maybe it wasn't a co-worker but a mutual friend, maybe they were on lunch break, maybe they drive or deliver something as part of their job. Doesn't mean the snitch had to be playing hookey at all.

Bring the receipt in from the pharmacy and ask for an apology.

nialls_girl 13

Were you able to at least explain yourself?

I'm hoping you explained the situation, but knowing dumb bosses he wouldn't understand.

Looks like you got yourself a creeper.

If you can go to the pharmacy by yourself, you are obviously not sick enough...

MidnightMusic53 37

She never said how she got there, for all we know, someone else may have taken her. Even if she did go get the medicine herself, when you're desperate and tired of feeling crummy, you'd be surprised by what you can achieve to go get something to help heal you.

What if the OP had no one to go get it for them? Then there's no other choice but to go get it on their own.

Not necessarily. A few years ago, I was really sick--turns out I had a weird viral infection. I stopped by the pharmacy on the way home from the doctor to get some medicine and then took the bus home (I don't drive). So sure I was out and about--seeing a doctor and getting some stuff to see me through the week. It's not as if I--or OP--was dining out at a fancy restaurant, at a bar, or clothes shopping.

RusticChick 27

Just going out on a limb here, sounds like whoever "spotted" you out knows you from work. Therefore they would have had to been outside of work themselves to have spotted you in the first place. Sorry OP that you were the one that is sick and got in trouble for it.

Said it above, but I'll repeat here: Plenty of possible explanations. Maybe it wasn't a co-worker but a mutual friend, maybe they were on lunch break, maybe they drive or deliver something as part of their job. Doesn't mean the snitch had to be playing hookey at all.

cheesy_wotsit 20

Go and show/explain the pharmacy receipt to your boss, standing closely and coughing as you do so. If they don't let you off, at least there's a chance they'll get your bug.