By Anonymous - 11/07/2012 05:29 - United States - Dallas

Today, my boss asked me if he could pay me in gum. Thinking he was playing around, I agreed. He wasn't playing around. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 010
You deserved it 9 869

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thatKidzmOm 10

Let's go ahead and report him to the proper officials, shall we?

Was the gum at least the two flavored one?

Comments

thatKidzmOm 10

Let's go ahead and report him to the proper officials, shall we?

TarieBoo 2

nobody ever pays me in gum ;c

theBadGuy37 9

#23 should have been first comment. would've been epic.

I actually just had a Trident Layers™ gum for the first time today. They're delicious. But I do love money more and I'm sure OP would agree, sorry for your luck!

keep the gum report him and get your money and if he ever brings the gum up, tell him it was an unrelated gift.

TarieBoo 2

34- i seriously thought that wouldve it been too! and ive still never had trident layers :(

TarieBoo 2

34- i seriously thought that wouldve it been too! and ive still never had trident layers :(

IphonFML 6

well you should've known better when ur working in a trident factory...

Was the gum at least the two flavored one?

thatKidzmOm 10

Trident layers! They excite me!

The problem is that OP has bills to pay and now he have Gums, so how can he pay his bills with Gum?

aleeshttylXD 9

or the flavor changing ones?! :D

MrBrightside21 20

Why don't we just rid the world of money, and replace it with Trident Layers? Problem solved. Everyone wins.

102- Except when u turn in an empty packet of trident layers for ur water bill...

Ardos 3

at least you've got enough gum to last you awhile huh?

I'm surprised nobody commented "nobody ever pays me in gum :("

pwnman 33

Mr krabs would not even do that!

58- Actually, 23 did, it was the first reply to 1. And so did 11, below.

Chew some of it and stick the gum deep on his hair... Maybe he will see it was a bad idea.

Im pretty sure thats could be a bad idea. Then wheres op get his gum?

Blackmail111 9

Do you know how many people beg to be paid in trident layers? Consider yourself lucky.

I'd rather have my own money to buy my own tridents, since I can buy food and pay bills when I get bored of stuffing my face with gum. Just personal payment preferences... Mmmm I want gum.

But what if it wasn't trident layers? It could have been Juicy Fruit and noone wants to be paid in that, it loses flavour after 10 seconds.

I don't think being paid in any gum is legal. Haha.

Does he usually play around like that? If not... Why would he start now idiot?

xXxIracebethxXx 14

CTFD. There's no reason to call OP an idiot for thinking his boss was playing around. Whether or not his boss is usually jokes around, OP has no fault in this.

Actually, since OP gave his boss the permission to pay him in gum (because that IS what he did), OP does deserve the title of super-idiot. You wanna be paid for real, then don't treat it as a joke. You never know who is joking and who isn't. I kid alot all the time but cash ain't a laughing matter... Although I did ask my boss to pay me in gold bars once...

LO388 7

Did anyone else read 54's last sentence in the voice of Dwight Schrute?

Who would genuinely think their boss was actually going to pay them in gum? Come on. Also, even if OP did agree, it is still illegal.

snowman28 2

Just go chew him out, always helps me...

Tell him you'd like to work at home - permanently.

flutter4 7

But then OP wouldn't get paid in gum anymore

noisebox 1

Sounds pretty chewy, where do these retard bosses here in FML come from?