By Clumsyblonde22 - 04/06/2011 11:22 - United States

Today, my aunt gave my cat aspirin because when she touched his nose he had a 'fever'. I came home to a dead cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 216
You deserved it 4 162

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And your relatives came back to a dead aunt?

I'm sorry for your loss :( some people....

Comments

stormchaser319 7

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

she may have been "trying" but she still KILLED the cat, it's deff not OPs fault

so when you have a cat your supposta stay home 24/7 just in case something happens?that seems a bit unreasonable. and did it occur to the aunt that maybe the cat just got out of the sun?

What makes you think the cat needed special care? It sounds to me that the if the aunt doesn't realize that you're not supposed to give aspirin to cats, she probably also doesn't realize that cats have a higher average body temperature than humans.

you sound like an asshole, for two reasons. one because of this comment, and two, because on your profile it says your best friend announced he is gay, and for some reason thats an FML for you. seriously? selfish prick. go swallow a knife.

D: aww, im sorry for your loss. im sorry, but your aunt sounds like a dumbass.

I am always appalled when idiots with no animal health background decide to try to take pet health matters into their own hands. It's animal abuse/cruelty.

mine2take 5

I agree. You shouldn't give an animal human medication either.

SteelCladAngel 0

actually three vets told us to give our dog lowdose aspirin for his arthritis

awardZu 0

69, Some people, like myself, did not know that till now. I have had my vet tell me to give my dog low dose asprin, so I assumed it was okay for all animals. Luckily I hate cats and only have the dog and a fish, or I'd have a dead cat too.

It is a completely different thing when a veterinarian tells you to do something like give a low dose aspirin. The vet has training, experience and knowledge, OP's aunt did not. However, animal physiology is not the same as human physiology. Deciding to dose a pet with

jennuttz 0

You can give a cat baby aspirin, they didn't say what the dosage was, so maybe the aunt wasn't stupid. maybe the cat DID have a fever and died of something else? You're all a bunch of ignorant idiots for even commenting about the aspirin when you didn't even know.

J9DeeZy 4