By blah - 01/02/2010 06:43 - France

Today, it's officially been two weeks since I found out I have mono. It's also been two weeks since anyone has visited me, called me, or even emailed me. The real kicker? I'm now fired from my job because they can't believe I can have mono twice in one year. I guess I'm just lucky that way. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 246
You deserved it 3 723

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I had mono and it's horrible. People shouldn't act like that. You don't even do anything and you get it. And you can only get it once in most cases. Fyl indeed for having people in your life who don't understand. And first, who cares If your first? And then you add ew? You're lucky you've never had it.

Comments

it probably just never went away... mono takes forever to leave the body.. it may have seemed better but was just less terrible and then decided to flare up again... did your job ever think of that?

I don't know what the hell mono is. I'd fire you too.

erozp 0

Alright im calling bull on this one, Mono never leaves but you can not get it twice becuase your body builds up an immunity to it however you can get a more serious form of it later in your life but it is not called mono

Ask your [previous] boss to come over, and show him you actually have mono. Also......I thought you can't get mono twice. I know that once you have it, you always have it, but I've never heard of anyone getting it twice in one year.

boatkicker 4

Sometimes the symptoms will flare up again. Especially if you try and do too much before your symptoms are fully gone.

You can get small flare-ups, much like herpes or chronic bronchitis. You get one major event, and you are then susceptible to smaller re-occurrences throughout the rest of your life. It's like chicken pox...contrary to popular opinion, you CAN get it more than once, as it is a variation of the herpes virus. You get one HUGE outbreak (usually as a child), and you are then prone to the adult version (shingles) later in life.

Of course they fired your sorry ass. You can only have it once IN A LIFE TIME. Then you develope an immunity. However it can BREAK OUT again. Hahahahha. Stop self diagnosing yourselves people! Everyone got the 'flu and migrane left and right too, suure. lol.

um Migraines are a life long condition. Certain foods, smells, seasons, lights...can trigger them. They are debilitating often times. I've been in the hospital with them because of the pain being so bad I constantly threw up and got dehydrated.

Some people actually have crappy immune systems, idiot. I personally get sick a lot but I know people who are almost constantly sick because of a crappy immune system

Yes, you only get Mono once, but if you have a weak immune system, it can cause all types of problems and you get sick more often.. I was hospitalized with it when I was 16.. If you are truly sick, go get a Dr's note and take it to your boss.

lovehate42 0

I thought once you had mono you can't have it again cause it already in your system.

You can't contract it from another outside source, no. But it lives on in your body ever since you initially contracted it, and it can flare up again, causing a relapse.

mono is a once in a lifetime virus. you can't get it twice in a lifetime muchless a year....

WorkThatButt 2

UGGGHHHHHHH WHAT THE **** IS MONO IS IT MONOPOLY OR SUM SRS BIZZ I GOOTTTTTAAA KNNNOOOOWWWW RRRRIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTT NNNNAAAAOOOOOO

capthavoc123 0

That would be because you can't have mono twice in one year. Once you get it, you can't get it again. YDI