By Anonymous - 07/05/2013 12:48 - Canada - Edmonton

Today, it's my birthday. I worked late, so I was looking forward to spending a quiet evening with my husband. When he suggested we go grocery shopping, I got excited thinking he had organized a surprise party or something. He actually just took me grocery shopping. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 167
You deserved it 9 675

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Appreciate the little things in life.

Us guys don't play with words... When we say let's go grocery shopping, we mean grocery shopping... There is no other meaning... Unless it's sex related... Then we play with all kind of words :-)

Comments

Bunny21 11

Unfortunately most guys don't think this type of stuff is important. Most only disappoint on this day. But I do know some guys are amazing with this so to those good ones, you rock!

kriseliz 9

Perhaps she was okay with a quiet evening in, but not with an everyday chore like buying groceries, especially after working all day. Yes, you should tell your guy what you want, but you shouldn't have to tell him you don't want to go to Kroger's on your birthday; that's common sense. Any man that has to be told that isn't worth being told.

♫ Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Anonymous, happy birthday to you! ♫ :D

Wow>.< that sucks for you! but happy birthday!

I'm assuming you expected him to do something special for you because that's what you did for his birthday. I don't think your husband remembered, unfortunately. If he did, then you have married a jerk.

JubileeBee 31

Happy birthday! Hope you see many more!

You set the tone of "no big deal" by working late. How is he supposed to think the day is something special if you don't?