By lonely one - 14/09/2012 10:17 - United States

Today, it's been a week since I've been in hospital. No one has been to visit me. The nurses have nicknamed me "The Lonely One." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 689
You deserved it 2 022

Same thing different taste

Comments

They all heard that you were in there for a retained rectal foreign object. I wouldn't want to visit you either.

Kaleigh090 11

I think it'd make for interesting conversation. Friend: "So... Why'd you do it?" OP: "Ohh, you know..."

I've read your blog, Doc... You get way too many of those. I'm morbidly curious as to the weirdest object to date, though. Care to indulge me?

My step dad was a x-ray tech. He said a guy came in with a can of chili stuck up his ass. Lol

Kaleigh090 11

Hmm, beans are the magical fruit...

KiddNYC1O 20

58- What's the story behind that?

Serendipity - The strangest one was a shower head. It didn't get stuck, but he DID perforate his colon. He told us he was "preparing for a fisting party".

TheDrifter 23

At least he had a logical reason. Now all he needs is a smooth shower head... or some common sense.

It was one in a million doc one in a million

afairshake 8

Holy God how you get through those things with a straight face is beyond me. Wow what must go through the minds of these people. We certainly know what's going through other bodily parts. That was enlightening the stupidity of mankind in its funniest form.

Looks like you've found out who really cares about you. Sorry OP.

florido_fml 10

Maybe no one knows your In the hospital.

gallopinghorses 3

Awww I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you get better soon. And nock some sense into your friends and family when you get out of the hospital!

Grow the **** up. I've spent months in the hospital alone. Either get some friends who care enough or quit whining.

Kaleigh090 11

How is anyone supposed to know who their TRUE friends are unless they're put to the test? Be a jerk elsewhere. YOU sir have no friends here.

34 - Holy crap, could you sound any more butthurt? I think there's a very obvious reason no one visited you. You sound like such a shining example of empathy.

gallopinghorses 3

#34- that's a little harsh don't you think?

96 it's not harsh, it's rude. He's just hatin cause people are giving OP sympathy.. But 34 didnt get any cause no one cared enough to visit- and cause he didn't post an FML about it, he's hatin on the love OP is getting- the love he never got while in the hospital. You wanna talk about growing up? Manners are a part of that- apparently you have some growing up to do 34. Just sayin.

Having lots of visitors isn't always good. I was in a bad car accident, and suffered amnesia, and severe head injury. And instead of letting me rest, my mum let an endless stream of visitors come and see me the first week of hospital, and it set my recovery back weeks. And personally, I hated everyone seeing me like that- usually bubbly and activate person, in a neck brace, tubes, bruised face, unable to walk or feed myself... It can be humiliating. So see it as a blessing- especially everyone not seeing you in the gowns!

Damn 36, I'm sorry that happened to you! It's always nice to see comments to help out an OP from someone who has been in a similar situation :) but that's good you're (hopefully) a lot better :) And 40 don't forget the tent! Lol Id be in the same boat as you haha good for you for being compassionate- so rare these days!

49- I'm heaps better thanks! Was about 3 years ago and there was no permanent damage :)

Wow. I can't believe how insensitive people can be. How insensitive NURSES can be! Maybe they chose the wrong profession...

I agree. I can understand its a way to deal with the sometimes hard situations in the hospital. At least they should make sure patients don't hear them. My grandfather has been in a similair situation in a hospital. He overheard one of the nurses jokingly asking another nurse how many people would die that day. He became afraid of going back to that hospital.

Tell them you'd prefer to be called the Lone Ranger. So much cooler!! Lol